< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENPS Presents: ZOMBIE MATCH IV! (Oct 27th, 2013)  (Read 12037 times)

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
Re: ENPS Presents: ZOMBIE MATCH IV! (Oct 27th, 2013)
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:51 PM »
Well, you should remedy that little non-membership issue SOON! :)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »
I'll try and get out there around 1800. I'm not an ENGC member. Will I have any trouble getting in?

I'm going to be there about noon, and the gate will be left open as a work day.  Anyone who can come help---make sure to check in with the RO, and when he asks for your member card, tell him that you are there to help set up for the Zombie Match in the pistol bays.

Then come on down!

Setup tomorrow, staff will finish the setup and shoot on Saturday---and then Sunday is the big day.

Bring ammo and guns---it's time to shoot zombies!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2013, 07:59:55 PM »

Definitely remedy that little membership issue.  This a great facility that I, sadly, under utilize myself :(

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2013, 03:19:21 PM »
Hey guys, I won't able to get out of work to make it out there in time. Have a great time!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2013, 10:12:24 PM »
Online pre-registration for the Zombie Match is now closed.

If you didn't get signed up, that doesn't mean you can't shoot---it just means you need to show up EARLY on Sunday to get registered and squadded.  Registration starts at 7am and closes at 8:30am (and if you come in at 8:29 to register and there is a line, we aren't gonna be happy with you) so get there early to make sure you get a spot.

We want to accommodate as many shooters as we can, and raise as much money as we can for the Marines---however, there is a point where we need to close registration so the match can get started, and so that everyone who DID register on time can actually enjoy shooting.  Please, don't inconvenience everyone else by showing up late and expecting us to make an exception for you. 

Come at 7am, get registered, and have a good time shooting with the rest of us.  See you at the range!

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2013, 10:15:14 PM »
Set-up went amazingly well (I "supervised" the manual labor) :)

Pre-registration for the match is closed.

We have well over 100 shooters overall this year, with over 90 registered to shoot on Sunday.  This speaks VOLUMES about the caliber of people we have in this area.  The Marine's Toys for Tots Program will be getting another great bounty from the match!  I will try to get some photos taken while out at the range this weekend to post on the ENPS facebook site (I'll try to post some here, too).

You can still walk-on on Sunday morning, but if you are thinking about doing that, you need to get to the range EARLY.  Registration will END at 8:30am.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2013, 11:34:14 PM »
Set-up went amazingly well (I "supervised" the manual labor) :)

Pre-registration for the match is closed.

We have well over 100 shooters overall this year, with over 90 registered to shoot on Sunday.  This speaks VOLUMES about the caliber of people we have in this area.  The Marine's Toys for Tots Program will be getting another great bounty from the match!  I will try to get some photos taken while out at the range this weekend to post on the ENPS facebook site (I'll try to post some here, too).

You can still walk-on on Sunday morning, but if you are thinking about doing that, you need to get to the range EARLY.  Registration will END at 8:30am.

So since I have pre-registered, and IF I can make it (due to previously communicated family issues), can we show up at 8:31 and still be ok, or do we need to be there early regardless?

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2013, 06:15:57 AM »
So since I have pre-registered, and IF I can make it (due to previously communicated family issues), can we show up at 8:31 and still be ok, or do we need to be there early regardless?

Still need to be there early to finish the registration process.  Show up, check in, give your donation, make sure your division is correct, pick up your scoresheet.

Before 8:30.  :)

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2013, 09:34:56 AM »

Will there be information about joining the Gun Club available tomorrow?
I have been thinking about it, but I don't know the process. Do I need a sponsor?

Thanks Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2013, 10:39:37 AM »
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2013, 05:14:02 PM »
Will there be information about joining the Gun Club available tomorrow?
I have been thinking about it, but I don't know the process. Do I need a sponsor?

Thanks Greg58

No, there won't be any information about the club at the match tomorrow.  However, the ENGC website has all the information you need. :)   http://engc.us/member.shtml
You do not need a sponsor, but I'd suggest you join sooner rather than later.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2013, 05:24:49 PM »
Staff shot the match today---and had a seriously good time.  (We spent a LOT of time laughing.)

Stages seem to be solid and straightforward.  (Which is NOT the same as "easy".  Make good stage plans, folks!) 

Remember---even if you pre-registered, you still need to check in and get your scoresheet tomorrow prior to the end of registration.  We'll have a line for people who have pre-registered (that one will move fast) and a line for the OTHER people who still need to register.  Remember, the earlier you register, the better this will work for everyone.  Besides, you WANT to get there to register by 7:30---that gives you time to walk all of the stages so you know how to shoot them!

New shooter/safety briefing at 8:40am, with the shooter's meeting at 9am.  We'll start shooting right after that.  See you at the range tomorrow!

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2013, 05:25:58 PM »
That was a fun match. Now one would think one couldn't miss a full size IPSC metric target painted with blaring red paint but given the threat infection, sometimes nerves get the best of you. Fortunately our squad had a dude rolling a thompson. :laugh:

Again like last year, this match was a lot fun, lots of shooters, and challenging. I am exhausted, so a big tip of the hat to the RO's and others who put it together then came out to again today to manage the match.

Cheers.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2013, 06:33:23 PM »
A big thanks to all involved today, we raised some money and toys for a great cause. ;D
We had a lot of fun, a beautiful day, a tasty lunch thanks to some scouts, a great facility, and everyone came home in one piece thanks to some dedicated people watching out for us.
I too shot with the guy with the Thompson, his theory was if you had to shoot it 3 times, 7 was better, you can't be too sure when dealing with Zombies!!
I shot my Marlin Camp 9 carbine, and it performed better than I did, but I'm learning...

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »
Thanks to everyone for coming out to shoot the match---we raised about $1497, and donated several huge boxes of toys to the Marine Toys-For-Tots Foundation.  We had 118 guns shooting the match, which beat last year by 16.

Good work, people.  :)  (Next year:  possibly 9 stages, and MORE SHOOTERS!)

Hopefully everyone had a good time.  Results are up: 

http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Zombie1/ZResults.html

...and remember that Sean Naylor received the Tactical Bacon, so we now know where to go when needing food.  (If you have no idea what I'm talking about---apparently, you had to be there.)

Good to see everyone out there shooting.

....now come and watch the USPSA pistol match next Sunday.  :)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2013, 07:11:49 PM »
....now come and watch the USPSA pistol match next Sunday.  :)

The deuce with watching, I'm gonna shoot it ;D