< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open carry controversy in Arnold.  (Read 3997 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Open carry controversy in Arnold.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »
Ok so he looks a bit unconventional......But so what? This is America. It's suppose to be a free country right?. Who are we to judge? He wasn't hurting anybody he was simply exercising his rights. Glad the police didn't make an arrest so kudos to them for respecting the right.

As far as for the school going on lockdown: That was an action they took based on perception and not reality. Would locking the place down have really made them safer? Or would they still be the same sitting ducks they were before they locked the place down? Did the locked doors stop Adam Lanza in the Newtown massacre?

Until school officials and politicians use their brains and decide to arm themselves there will continue to be no hope for the clueless. Sad but true.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2013, 11:28:29 AM »
If someone is walking down the street in my neighborhood like that, who I don't know, I'm calling the cops too. I wouldn't bat an eye at a holstered pistol or a long gun slung over the shoulder, but a tacticool get up like that (and I have tacticool toys too) is just asking for extra attention.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2013, 11:30:02 AM »
Yes, he was within his rights, but here is my problem...

As much as it sucks, we 2A supporters are under considerable scrutiny.  We can't afford to be seen as "nuts".  As distasteful as this may seem, a majority of us must look like average, reasonable people to blend in with the others.  Once the non-gun folk get to know us, we can expose our beliefs in the 2A and that will make those people realize we are not all on the fringe.

Unfortunately, only those radicals that go to an extreme, such as the guy in this story, get their name/picture in the media.  This type of exposure sets all of us back because even a majority of us gun folk consider this extreme and unnecessary.

My other problem, is the facebook photo that he posted.  Guns, alcohol, and the confederate flag in a trailer.  How does that make the rest of us look?  Staged photo or not.  Unloaded guns or not.  IMHO you do NOT do that.  Never.  Period.  It gives me the eebie jeebies to see guns pointed at people in a photo such as this.

So I'm not just looking at the news story, I'm trying to absorb the whole picture and what we have now doesn't look good.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2013, 05:22:43 PM »
The guy is supposedly from kearney . One of many problems I have with this nitwit is, why he doesn't  go do this crap  in his own town and quit acting like a idiot in theirs ? I'd call the police on the jerk also.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2013, 09:09:58 PM »
I agree with OnTheFly on this one.  Although he is within his legal rights to carry the weapon, it doesn't mean he should do so.  I have the legal right to do many things, like be naked in my house with the blinds ope, but out of respect for my neighbors I don't.

Well, that and they would all be laughing so hard at the sight.

Basically just because you can doesn't mean you should.

"Hmm, this speedometer goes up to 150..."
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan