< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Alien Gear Holsters  (Read 3642 times)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Alien Gear Holsters
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:17:11 PM »
Anyone try one of these IWB holsters?

www.AlienGearHolsters.com
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Alien Gear Holsters
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:10:57 PM »
I've never gotten my hands on one but I have heard good things from people I trust if that helps.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
I have one for a Glock. The only time I have messed with it is right after I got it. It did need adjusting for height and retention but that was easy. The leather is thick and not chamfered on the edges so I will be doing that soon. I need to actually wear it to report on comfort. It is not as nice as my Crossbreed (horsehide) that I use for my Shield but is a good value for the money. My crossbreed squeaks and that is my only complaint for it. My daughter asked me yesterday if I was wearing my gun. I asked if she could see it and she said no, I hear it. Funny that she knew that is what it was. I will have to work on that squeaking.

I would probably buy another Alien but maybe I will try a Foxx also.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 01:03:48 PM »
I wouldn't recommend a Foxx IWB holster,thin leather and very rough
on the inside. I have one for my lc9, a shirt on the inside is a must.

I like my Galco king tuck for my Glocks, very comfortable but couple years
of wear looking for possible replacement.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:06:31 PM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »
I wore my Alien Gear holster and Glock 26 while working around the yard this evening. The adjustments are maxed out for lowering the ride. It is still too high. I know they use the same holster for all size frames. I am going to punch new holes to lower the gun and add more cant. If I like it that way, I will also trim some off the bottom of the leather. I think it will be fine after customization.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
My crossbreed squeaks

When my leather VMII holster squeaks, a little baby powder in the appropriate area usually quiets it
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 01:23:25 PM »
Thanks for the tip! I have found the reason and have been thinking about a solution.

Offline DJSIMS

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »
The price is certainly right, would be worth a try for that $ very happy with my N8squared though!
Having a CCW is like a seat belt in a car, a hassle to put on and uncomfortable to wear, you pray you never need it but thank God for it if you do. It is there to protect yourself and your family the only difference is a seatbelt is MANDATORY by law!! ~ Me
Former USMC, NRA life member, NAGR, GOA