< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Enhanced CCW-?  (Read 1378 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Enhanced CCW-?
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:50:15 AM »
I seem to recall a few conversations, but has there been a bill introduced to this affect?
Should there be?  Could there be?

Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Opines that Enhanced Licensees May Carry on Educational Property
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2013/10/mississippi-attorney-general-jim-hood-opines-that-enhanced-licensees-may-carry-on-educational-property.aspx

I need to do some more research on the background of this story, but wanted to get it to ya'll ASAP.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Re: Enhanced CCW-?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:42:41 AM »
I have brought this up a few time before, but the idea seems to be met with a cool reception. To me it is a no brainer, if an individual has documented enough hours of training (similar to what a LEO hour requirement is), then why should that permit holder not be allowed to carry in schools and everywhere else?

My son lives in MS.... If you take a MS approved training class you get a enhanced permit with the off limits places list is very short.

If you apply for a CC permit in MS with no training, you get the standard permit with the long list of restrictions.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »
Here is a link to an interesting article on this topic.

http://pistol-training.com/archives/8658

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:27:46 PM »
Due to my occupation,  I am constantly in and out of three types of places I am verboten by the state to carry on a daily basis. When I say in and out of, I am meetings etc, often at weird hours and a long way from home. So I would be for it in a selfish way.  Personally, I feel if you can buy a firearm you should be able to carry, no if's or but's, the enchanced CCW really should grant what a CCW currently does.

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
While I think the non-CHP premises list should be extremely short without any special training requirement, I would be willing to document my training or take special training to carry at work (public elementary school in Lincoln). 
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, 09:09:59 AM »
There is no valid reason for law-abiding citizens to be denied the right to bear arms in schools, especially those of us who have gotten a license to exercise the right (irony intended). 

I'd like to ask the anti-gun bigots who seem to be so pervasive in government how many people who approached schools intent on mass murder decided to leave their weapon in their car when they saw the "no guns" sign on a school door.  All that policy has ever done is disarm those who otherwise might be able to stop the killer.  Those who instituted the no guns in schools policy have a lot of blood on their hands.

A lot of CHP holders are middle-aged men; many are retired.  I bet there are quite a few who would be willing to go as volunteers to schools and act as guards in case someone intent on mass murder comes in.  The sheriff's office could give some kind of training and testing for those wishing to volunteer.  This would be far more likely to save innocent lives than the no guns policy, which costs lives.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.