< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: TEAM NFOA at NSF Fundraiser.  (Read 1529 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
TEAM NFOA at NSF Fundraiser.
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:04:26 PM »
Not sure yet where we placed.
Had three experts on our team and a couple newbies.  But I felt we held our own.

Thanks to my team mates for carrying me-  DanW (Leader of the pack), Sparky0068, SFG, and Pink is just a color.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:05:30 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: TEAM NFOA at NSF Fundraiser.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
I personally felt very outgunned when these high schoolers started showing up with all their fancy equipment and cheer squads.
Me and my ol trusty Mossy 500 left heads held high- (we done did the best we could for a newbie and his $160 gun  8) )
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:38:22 PM »
I would have been out of place with my old, 1970's model, Ithaca 37 :laugh:

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 09:00:06 PM »

I would have been out of place with my old, 1970's model, Ithaca 37.

You're never out of place with one of those fine Ithaca Model 37s.   Dad left me his Model 37 20 gauge.   I passed it on to my son (who--most unfortunately--also passed on.)   Now it's sitting there waiting for my grandson to complete NE Hunter's Education.

Dad was a Righty.   Me, too.   My son was a Lefty.   Grandson??  Either way will work.   Part of the beauty of the Ithaca Model 37 mystique.   Plus that bottom vent does not throw hulls on the Guy Next to You.

We are all hoping for you to practice trapshooting with it, get really good, and kick the butt of Some Guy With a $13,000 Perazzi, high vent rib, stock positioning system, backbored barrel, 10 exchangeable Briley chokes, mercury recoil reducer, etc., etc.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 10:25:19 PM »
If my memory is correct team NFOA finished  10 clays out of first in the top division, and Team Captain Finished two clays back on top individual.  So guys hold your heads high you were competitive with some of the better shooters in the State at least as a squad.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 07:22:05 AM »
If my memory is correct team NFOA finished  10 clays out of first in the top division, and Team Captain Finished two clays back on top individual.[/quote]

Andy........
If I'da known that fact, I'da busted more clays.

Thanks for your Most Excellent Leadership in putting Team NFOA together.   Any day trapshooting is a Good Day.   We had rainy mist in Omaha when I left, but when I got to Lincoln-Ikes, we just had that nice overcast, which is great for trapshooting.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 08:11:19 AM »
And by the time I got home and put everything away--- the sun came out- warmed up about 10 degrees and the wind died down. Wouldn't ya know it!
Either way I to had a blast (pun intended)  I'd shoot with ya'll any day.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 07:43:34 PM »
We are all hoping for you to practice trapshooting with it, get really good, and kick the butt of Some Guy With a $13,000 Perazzi, high vent rib, stock positioning system, backbored barrel, 10 exchangeable Briley chokes, mercury recoil reducer, etc., etc.

Then I would've missed riding in the golf cart, shooting paper targets and steel poppers with my Glock at the practical pistol match.   :laugh:

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 09:54:13 PM »
Then I would've missed riding in the golf cart, shooting paper targets and steel poppers with my Glock at the practical pistol match.   :laugh:

So Far, So Good.

Now......You've heard of the shooting sport known as Three Gun.

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu could be the Guy Who Does Three Gun on Three Different Ranges.

One Gun Per Range:  Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun

You could.

sfg
btw:   I went out trapshooting today and ran 25 clays.   Why didn't that happen while shooting for Team NFOA this past Sunday??