< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USA Today Article on Carry Permit Increases  (Read 4106 times)

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: USA Today Article on Carry Permit Increases
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 12:37:13 AM »
Any time you compromise, you shift the balance against the law-abiding.

Before moving to Omaha, I lived in Phoenix, where open carry is common. I've seen a liquor store owner walk into his business carrying a revolver. I've seen a mowhawked, tatoo-covered punk wearing torn BDUs grocery shopping with a Glock holstered in his back pocket. I've seen motorcycle riders in leather with dual-carry 1911's cruising down the highway. I've seen cowboys with ten-gallon hats, huge belt buckles and gun belts with cartridges running completely around the belt standing in line at the bank.

All this I've seen approximately center of the fifth-largest city in the U.S. Despite being the car-theft capital of the U.S., (even my car was stolen!), The city has lower violent crime numbers than Omaha, and I believe legal gun use is the reason why.

Anything that attempts to regulate, restrict or impede legal use is not acceptible, because it shifts benefit to those who aren't concerned with 'legal' use.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 08:55:54 PM »
I completely agree WallPhone. Nebraska legislators need to pass a law that recognizes the RIGHT in the Nebraska Constitution to keep and bear arms. The language should include prohibitions against requiring permits to open carry. It also should include language that protects open carry as a RIGHT and that this RIGHT when exercised shall be respected by the law and public. By this I mean that there should be language that restricts people engaging in open carry from being charged with any crime (including disorderly conduct and disturbance of the peace). That way Nebraska would finally join the category of states that has true open carry like Virginia and Arizona. Preferably I would like to see Alaska style legislation that removes the requirement to get a concealed carry permit in order to carry concealed in Nebraska. But good luck trying to pass that language in the Nebraska Legislature with the bed wetters like McGill and Council raising hell to prevent Nebraskans from exercising their RIGHTS.

Offline eagle nest

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 11:16:29 PM »
i'm a proud newbie to nfoa,  wow!!!,  we've got some intelligent and thoughtful comments from a lot of the
senior members of nfoa,  glad i joined,thanks belatedly for all the input guys, thank you very much,
in the future i hope to add my input as well,  right now im learning and ive learned that i think exactly
like you guys,   once again thanks.
        eagle nest

Offline GunFun

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »
I may be considered liberal on some issues, but I am 100% behind our 2nd amendment rights, and getting more of them BACK.

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »
I joined NFOA because as a individual my voice is not very loud.  As a member of like minded members I am part of a louder voice that will get heard.  Nebraskans should have a loud voice when it comes to our freedoms!  I say if they take a inch lets push them back a foot.  Of course with our loud voice as members.

Offline Rifleman

• NFOA Full Member
  • NRA Life Member / Instructor Certification
    • The Celtic Traveler
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
Too late for me.

I mean re the gummint knowing I have "weapons."

Many too many footprints in the sands of time for me to bunker-up and make like they don't know where I am and what I have.

But I'm old enough now that I don't care anymore. I don't plan to comply with gun confiscation schemes. If I did, I wouldn't be able to face myself in the morning mirror. YMMV.