Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Featured Firearms

The Browning Hi Power - the first wondernine.

<< < (3/3)

Husker_Fan:
Heirloom does amazing work. I need to get a "real" FN-Browning hi-power. Cylinder & Slide does some neat things too and I'd love to put a type II hammer on a Mark III.

The 1911 holsters generally work well, and the N3 really conceals nicely.

greg58:
I understand this gun influenced the S&W 59 series of 9mm handguns, and supposedly the magazines are interchangable. My 5906 is rock solid and 100% reliable, now I know why.

Greg58

newfalguy101:

--- Quote from: SemperFiGuy on October 11, 2013, 05:27:37 PM ---My issue w/BH-P has to do w/Tactical Reload.

That is.....If you need to use the BH-P in a crisis during the middle of the reloading process, specifically.   You couldn't.

However, I understand that the reason for the no-fire-unless-magazine-in-place setup was to keep LEOs from coming in off duty, entering dayroom, removing the mag, then (wrongly)  thinking the HG was cleared.

And getting a GREAT BIG KA-BOOM when they went Hammer-Down.

BH-P won't allow such.   Police Chiefs loved it, so I'm told.

sfg
Tom H would probably say, "Just stick the mag back in, then hit the BG over the head with the BH-P.   Problem solved."

--- End quote ---

If I recall correctly, it was actually a condition of the contract the gun was built for, LOOOOOOONG before this gun ever found came to the US

newfalguy101:
While I, sadly, do not own a "real" Browning HP, I do own a pair of licensed copies, one is a gun built by the John Inglis Company out of Canada during WW2, the other a bit more recent, coming from Argentina in the 90's ( I think?? ).

Both are great shooters and once that mag dissconnect has been removed the triggers are tremendously improved!!   ( easy in, easy out, no muss, no fuss, NO permanent changes to the gun )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version