Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Featured Firearms

The Browning Hi Power - the first wondernine.

<< < (2/3) > >>

abbafandr:
Browning designed some excellent weapons.  My brother in law is Browning nut, I kinda see why :)  His Hi Power is fun to shoot.  Definitely a classic.

SemperFiGuy:
My issue w/BH-P has to do w/Tactical Reload.

That is.....If you need to use the BH-P in a crisis during the middle of the reloading process, specifically.   You couldn't.

However, I understand that the reason for the no-fire-unless-magazine-in-place setup was to keep LEOs from coming in off duty, entering dayroom, removing the mag, then (wrongly)  thinking the HG was cleared.

And getting a GREAT BIG KA-BOOM when they went Hammer-Down.

BH-P won't allow such.   Police Chiefs loved it, so I'm told.

sfg
Tom H would probably say, "Just stick the mag back in, then hit the BG over the head with the BH-P.   Problem solved."

bkoenig:
I agree the magazine disconnect is a really dumb idea.  But it's very easy to remove.

The BHP definitely wouldn't be my first choice for a defensive weapon, but I wouldn't feel undergunned if I carried one, either. 

--- Quote ---Tom H would probably say, "Just stick the mag back in, then hit the BG over the head with the BH-P.   Problem solved."
--- End quote ---

That's the beauty of an all steel handgun  ;D

Husker_Fan:
I carry a clone fairly regularly. It's a Charles Daly which is all FEG parts finished and fit by Magnum Research. It is a wonderful gun and has the best Hi-Power grips I've every felt, an extended safety, and express sights. It's a nice set up for a carry gun. I use Mec-Gar 15 round mags (Mec-Gar is the FN/Browning OEM). The magazine disconnect (I don't call it a safety) has been removed so mags drop free and the trigger is greatly improved.

I use a Galco N3 made for a 1911 and it works wonderfully. I also have an Avenger style holster from Midwest Leatherworks and a double mag pouch for range time. My particular example runs flawlessly so I have no qualms carrying it. It fits my hands better than any other gun I have ever held.

bkoenig:
Nice carry setup.

I'm trying to convince my wife she needs another HP.  Maybe get one of the Israeli surplus imports and send it off to Heirloom Precision to work their magic...

http://www.hp1911.com/index.php/srthp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version