< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hamburg Bend WMA  (Read 1624 times)

Offline katella98

• NFOA Full Member
Hamburg Bend WMA
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
I know this topics comes up once or twice a year, but has anyone in Eastern Nebraska been shooting at Hamburg Bend WMA recently? Is it still open for pistol/rifle shooting?

I was there in January 2013 and sighted in a new rifle. It was a very convenient location. Any recent reports?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 11:26:33 AM by katella98 »

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Hamburg Bend WMA
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 04:14:27 PM »
I haven't been for over a year now.  I need to get back out there too.

Offline katella98

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 01:41:32 AM »
Since no one replied to my question, I decided to check it out for myself this weekend.

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/ltdQp

My friend and I went to Hamburg Bend WMA last weekend... We had a great time shooting a WWII M1 Carbine,  Mosin Nagant 91/30, AR15, Kimber 1911, Glock 19, and Remington 870 shotgun.

We picked up a lot of trash left behind by other shooters. Please people, don't leave behind your brass and trash. Leave your shooting spot cleaner then when you showed up.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 09:04:42 AM »
Since no one replied to my question, I decided to check it out for myself this weekend.

Pics here: http://imgur.com/a/ltdQp

My friend and I went to Hamburg Bend WMA last weekend... We had a great time shooting a WWII M1 Carbine,  Mosin Nagant 91/30, AR15, Kimber 1911, Glock 19, and Remington 870 shotgun.

We picked up a lot of trash left behind by other shooters. Please people, don't leave behind your brass and trash. Leave your shooting spot cleaner then when you showed up.

THAT is why these areas are getting shut down.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:54:52 PM »
Looks like you had a good time! And thanks for picking up the trash. I need to head out there when I can get some more brass for my 300wm and start load developing.

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
I picked up a trash bag full each of the times I went down there over the last year.

Offline USAFgoober

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
I was out there last weekend. Both sides of the berm were dug up and marked with stakes. There weren't any workers present, but it was a Sunday. Looks like there's some kind of construction going on. Any one have an idea?

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »
I was out there last weekend. Both sides of the berm were dug up and marked with stakes. There weren't any workers present, but it was a Sunday. Looks like there's some kind of construction going on. Any one have an idea?

They are widening the berm.  Check my thread in this section on Hamburg Bend and beware of the shady hill jack running the "guide service" out of the mobile home.  Talking to my neighbor more today I guess when the guy came up to them he put his hand on his shoulder then apologized later for it and also bad mouthed the game warden.