< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Out of state student purchases  (Read 632 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Out of state student purchases
« on: October 20, 2013, 01:22:56 AM »
Hey everybody! It's been a while since I have posted and have been doing some thinking. I will be headed to Kansas City for the next couple days to visit a mortuary school that I will most likely attend after I graduate with my bachelor's degree in May. This got me thinking about out of state students buying firearms. Shotguns and rifles aren't a problem assuming a CURRENT drivers license. The issue would be that I would not get a Kansas driver's license so I can maintain my Nebraska residence and stay on my parent's insurance and still be listed as a dependent with them. Am I right in my thinking that getting another states drivers license makes you a resident of that state? And if I am correct then would I just be able to get a Kansas ID card and still be a Nebraska resident? Then if I have the KS ID card a handgun won't be a problem either. And yet another question... As long as I maintain a Nebraska resident I should be able to carry in Kansas under my NE concealed permit, right? Soooo many things I will be needing to research in the coming months. I know these are more Kansas questions, but the residency laws may be universal among states with out of state students.

And as a bonus there is a Cabela's 10 minutes from the campus! Looks like I will be transferring to that store to keep getting discounts on guns.