< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Fly's Most Excellent Adventure in Reloading Continues  (Read 4340 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Fly's Most Excellent Adventure in Reloading Continues
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 11:53:56 AM »
I'm sure the dust from dry media is just loaded with lead.

You are Absolutely Correct on this item.   A cloud of lead dust is suspended for a coupla feet above a vibrating tumbler.

ALWAYS keep the lid on w/dry media.

BTW, it's a good idea to get tested for lead every year w/your annual physical.   Hardly costs anything extra, and establishes a baseline for yourself, should you ever need it.

And--assuming your BLL is low (under 10micrograms/deciliter)--it will provide a certain Peace of Mind.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 12:16:17 PM »
this sounds a little strange, but I have been doing it almost 35 years, if you use a tumbler to clean your brass, and get a lot of dust, I give the media a good squirt of charcoal grill lighter fluid, you wont believe the difference, and it also helps to cut ant grease that might be on the brass,
I use 50-50 mineral spirits and NuFinish car wax
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
I use 50-50 mineral spirits and NuFinish car wax

Back when I used to dry tumble I used dryer sheets to keep the dust down.