< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: City Lake in Norfolk  (Read 2251 times)

Offline bigdog

• NFOA Full Member
City Lake in Norfolk
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:26:05 PM »
Looking for someone who has fished the city of Norfolk Skyview Lake.

I am moving to Norfolk and was wondering if the lake has much for fish in it?

Also, can a boat with a gas engine be used on the lake as long as the gas engine is not used and electric  only is used.

There is a sign on the north boat ramp that just didn't make sense. It has a statement " No fishing in a boat with gas engine, electric fishing motor only."

It is just poorly worded.

bigdog

Offline Neeco

• It is what it isn't...
  • Steel Benefactor
Re: City Lake in Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 10:48:02 AM »
My father owned a house on the lake, and being an avid fisherman myself, I never once dropped a line in it.  There are just so many better options around. Unless things have changed in the last decade, it was more of a scenic view than a hot spot for fishing.

Also - I have never once seen a boat on it either. It is not that big. 

Offline bigdog

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
Also - I have never once seen a boat on it either. It is not that big.

I just saw a couple of boat ramps and was curious.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:27:58 PM by bigdog »
bigdog

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
I lived in Norfolk for 20 years, I had good luck fishing in Skyview, get over by the dam get some really bright pink floating jig heads, put a slip sinker on it, and bait it up with leaches
at least when I lived there I caught a lot of decent walleye, also that same shoreline had some decent success fishing for bass, nothing huge, but 1 - 2 lbers is fun.

Andy's Lake and Cedar Lake south of town on 1st St are "private lakes" but most of the time just asking permission to fish is all you need, and if you're just fishing by the boat docks, most people wouldn't look twice at you, these are sand pits and the water in Andy's is real hit and miss, sometimes you can't see a foot down, sometimes it really clear, lots of bluegill crappie etc in there, I've caught good walleye and 1 northern.
year and years ago it had a terrible winter freeze and everything died except bullhead, caught something like 600 bullhead thta summer and dumped them into the river (don't tell on me)

Cedar lake is across the st, I've caught more than 1 crappie that exceeds 1lbs in it, its a really shallow lake, altough I think they dredged it out recently.

TaHa park, don't stay  after dark you might get raped, but they put trout in there

There are acouple other sand pits that are stocked but most are private and gated and you need to be amember or friend of a member.

I had friends used to fish Maskenthine lake, but I never really went out there because we had a cabin on Andy's lake and I lived so close to Skyview

Offline bigdog

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 03:40:14 PM »
Thanks Landon for your info.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:35:35 PM by bigdog »
bigdog