< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA 2014 Annual Meeting  (Read 1350 times)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
NFOA 2014 Annual Meeting
« on: November 05, 2013, 09:59:25 PM »
Basically, with the great success at the 2013 Annual Members Meeting, we are looking to have the 2014 event at the same location (Heartland Public Shooting Park) and same relative date (opening day of state fair)

Feel free to give you input on either of those subjects, but the main question we are asking is: Should it be a one day or two day event?

What would you prefer/be able to attend?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: NFOA 2014 Annual Meeting
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 02:57:34 PM »
I think a one day event would be best.  We could definitely find enough activities to fill up two days, but I have a feeling most people won't want to (or won't be able to) devote two days.  I'm afraid you would end up with two days of light attendance.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »
Out of 365 days, only 46.67% of those would be open for me to attend a meeting.  I chose a two day meeting, because that will give me a better (albeit slight) chance of attending at least one day.

Damn this work stuff and my fiscal morals! Why can't I just be like the government?!

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:37:01 PM »
Don't worry Fly ... as of Jan 01, the government will be taking care of everyone, so you won't have to worry about that darn fiscal responsibility anymore. ;)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 01:38:56 PM »
Don't worry Fly ... as of Jan 01, the government will be taking care of everyone, so you won't have to worry about that darn fiscal responsibility anymore. ;)

Cool!  I will put in my notice today.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:59:00 PM »
i voted "Tell you below"  so here's my take.  yes, two days would be harder to plan but give more members an opportunity to come to the meeting or planned events... however, how many would come both days?  i have the same fears as BK.  this just goes to show that we need more local meetups all across the state to stay energized.

basically, i will always try to come (most likely only 1 day, since i bet i'll have something going on the other day).

so here's an idea.... how about an official meetup on 1 day and an unofficial day the evening before or day after.  maybe more shooting or relaxing/chic-chat on the unofficial day.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2013, 08:38:23 PM »
RobertH- That has also been discussed- it's actually what lead to the discussion of a second day.
What some were looking at was a Friday night get together- maybe grill some dogs and burgers - Camping is offered at Heartland for a mediocre fee. Then everyone is up bright and early for the next day- no drive time. 
Then maybe a evening meal/ live entertainment???- PAF Banquet on Saturday evening (Something a couple of us brainstormed about today) 
I'm for a two day event....someday. I'm just not sure we have the support and resources to pull of a 2 day event...at this time.  Baby Steps
(5-10 year vision?  I would like to see Nebraska's very own version of the NRA Annual Meeting!
Vendors Firearms and accessories- Seminars on various topics related to guns and legislation- Multiple guest speakers- etc.  I'd like to get to the point where Hornady and Cabela's and other corporations are BEGGING to be included.  >:D )
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 08:40:59 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane