< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ben Nelson's Response  (Read 6271 times)

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Ben Nelson's Response
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »
Fulton,Heineman or maybe Brunning???? No certain order.

They seem to be the early best choices, but we need them right where they are for now, and need to get a few things pushed through the legislature before we lose them. Can ernie chambers run again in a few years? I should be more up on the law, but if he can, we need to get as much done now before that could happen.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:14:59 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Wymore Wrangler

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »
I'd disagree with Heineman, his lack of leadership in HHS matters, he needs to go home and become a regular citizen again...

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 09:42:28 PM »
Heineman seems like somebody's puppet to me (probably a lot of politicians are).  I don't know of anything in particular he's done to really piss me off, and mostly I've agreed with his positions, but I don't think he'd be much of a senator.  Bruning, maybe, but he seems too ambitious.  I can't say he's done anything I disagree with, though, and he does support our 2A rights pretty well.  Fulton might be very good, but I don't think he has the clout to get in any time soon.  He probably needs more experience and to build a bigger base before he goes for it.  I liked Christensen a lot until I saw him with Fulton on Hannity's program.  Doesn't have the charisma to be effective in leadership roles (which is what we need, someone to lead and propose changes for us).  Among those four, I'd have to go with Bruning.  Anyone else?  I don't know.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 09:50:52 PM »
I think the next interesting development will be to see who is picked to replace Sen. Friend in the Unicameral.  That may set other other things into motion, candidate-wise.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2009, 10:10:52 PM »
Puppet???? To whom????
The puppet is Johanns. Think back .....Brunning was set to run for Hagels senate seat along with Hal Daub and then the National Republican party inserted Johanns then Brunning dropped out and Daub dropped out two days after saying he was going to run. The national Republican party picked our candidate. We didn't. Don't get me wrong I really like Johanns but I wish we would have had a choice and saw a debate. Lee Terry is the same way. According to todays World Herald Terry has some compitition from another Republican and the state Republican leaders are trying like hell to get him to drop out. They have already picked Terry. They say it's part of their bylaws to stick with the incumbant. That's crap. Again don't get me wrong I like Terry I just want to hear them debate and pick the best one. I already know that the lib White isn't my choice. Sorry got side tracked.......
 Back to the topic......
 Both Heineman and Brunning would be the only ones I feel who would have a chance at kicking Nelson to the curb.

LitlRat..... No ernie can't run again. But I'm sure if the Legislature goes the way of Omaha down the road some leftist will try to make him into the next savior and install him as such.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 10:28:26 PM by huskergun »
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 10:16:14 PM »
  We can not put our hopes in any one  candidate, but we must instead adhere to our conservative  principles, and see to it that our cause moves forward by espousing those very same principles in all our actions. Especially in  the voting booth .

I really Like Tony Fulton, and I hope he can carry the conservative principle forward in the Liberal bastion that is Lincoln NE.  He is not in my district, but the next one over, yet I plan to help him in his next endeavor.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
 YES Ernie could return...The law bars senators from serving more than two consecutive four-year terms, but they could return after sitting out one term.

Initiative Constitutional Amendment

Amends the Nebraska Constitution so as to limit members of the Nebraska Legislature to two consecutive terms. Under this amendment, no person will be eligible to serve as a member of the Nebraska Legislature for four years after the completion of two consecutive legislative terms. Legislative service prior to January 1, 2001, will not be counted for calculating consecutive terms, and service in office for more than one-half of a term will be considered service for a full term.

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 10:31:21 PM »
Sorry my bad. Thanks for setting me straight. That's not good.
 I agree that we need to stick to our principles and Fulton would be good but I don't know if he could beat Nelson. I guess we'll see what happens in 2012. Should be interesting.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 11:48:41 PM »
That's what I am afraid of, ernie got his stool pigeon to sit on his perch while he is probably living on the taxpayer dime. I wonder if he is using his time off to become a better father?

He hand picks Rosie O'Council to go in for him till he is rested up and can return. I hope the other senators will grow some balls, tell him to sit down and shut up, and let this state get back to where it should be.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 11:49:55 PM by LitlRat »
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:55 AM »
I'm with Armed, on the theory that the Governor is somewhat of a puppet. It just seems to me that if someone can't show him a poll to prove that something is popular he won't do it. Which worries me since if you watch the news you find some polls that say such and such is popular and then the next day someone else releases "data" that contradicts it.  And honestly I don't know that either party (and I am registered Republican) is really going to give us a decent candidate. The republicans will hand pick who they want to run, and that person will be the closest they can be to a liberal and still consider themselves a "conservative" Hence why McCain was shown the entrance and so much face time. Just remember all the "conservatism is dead" stories on the news shortly after the election. Both parties have moved to the left. And if they believe that the movement in the country is to the left..... where do you think they are going to go to get back in power? We may need to find some independent people and I think some will come from the democrats and some from the republicans. Honestly for me I don't care about what animal they have on thier underpants (ass or pachyderm). I just want to know the guy getting my vote is going to stand by what they said they believe in the campaign (the things they said that they did at least) And then stick to their guns and make others do the same. No back room deals none of this crap of well, we violated the free market principals, to save the free market. Bull****. NO more standing there and saying " NO LOBBYISTS" and then hiring them into the administration. (you will notice that I did rip on Bush for the free market thing and then on Obama for his No lobbyists policy. Both parties are full of it and I am sick of it. Lets see some real candidates that still have their head on their shoulders and not up their hind ends.

Sorry I got a little passionate there. But I am sick of watching our politicians not using their head for anything more than a glorified bathroom vent. (spewing nothing but hot air and the stench of fecal waste.)
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 08:53:04 PM »
It matters not what they say, only what they do. Right now Nebraska is in better fiscal shape than nearly all other states, we have fared far better than most in this recession.

We have passed a lot of pro gun legislation in the last few years, and it was all on Hieneman's watch.

He said he would support gun owners, and he did. He demanded budget restraint and got it.

He may not have handled HHS that great, but it has been a mess for so long I am not sure it can be fixed. The state has overhauled the HHS system about 3 times in the last 10-12 years, and every time it got worse. My wife finally retired from the substance abuse treatment field, totally burnt out, a few years back.

I remember Hieneman coming out and supporting the CCW bill long before it had enough support to pass. If he was a puppet there, I guess we were pullin the strings...

That being said, I am not sure anyone can beat Nelson right now, but two years is a long time down the road
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder

Offline ScottC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 08:58:25 PM »
This entire country is at a loss for any real leadership, regardless of party affiliation.  Does anyone see leaders of the like of Teddy Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, or the ilk of the founding fathers who put their country and ideals ahead of their own purse strings or national party?  I see no real American leadership from either political party, let alone anyone with the character of someone like Winston Churchill or Dwight Eisenhower. 

Instead the so-called national media (I?d call it liberal media) makes sure anyone with convictions will NOT be allowed any airtime or publicity what so ever.

Instead of doing what is right for these United States of America, we are saddled with professional politicians that are more worried about being re-elected.  They all stand with their fingers in the wind trying to figure out how to please whatever group they are told might be the largest group of voters.  Only three things motivate them: money, publicity and re-election.  Where is honor, duty, country?

What was turn out for the last election? 25-30% of the population determining a presidential election?  Give me a break.  That isn?t a majority by any means ? what it is apathy.  The system has become so disgusting that the majority of people in this country don?t even want to participate.

We will be seeing more and more Ben Nelsons who had a chance to represent Nebraska & the US, but instead choose to represent their national political party when they vote.

It?s a pathetic situation Americans have allowed to happen.

We desperately need to take back our country.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
Now that's what I call a good first post.  ;D

Welcome, glad to have you with us.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04:37 PM »
I agree.  Welcome.  I wouldn't worry too much about how many people vote, though.  The fewer people who vote, the more yours counts.  Nowadays, the polls are pretty accurate most of the time, so whatever they predict usually happens.  It doesn't matter if there are 200 million voters, or two hundred.  The percentage for one candidate or another is about the same.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.

Offline ScottC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 10:00:14 AM »
Armed & Humorous wrote: ?The polls are prettly accurate...?  I sincerely hope you?re being sarcastic.  (It?s hard to tell on forums and email without knowing someone personally.)

Is that why in every presidential election for the past 40+yrs, the media tells us the democrat candidate is ALWAYS in the lead?  Every year, during the primaries right up to election day.  Yes, they shift numbers slightly so that by election day they announce the polls are closer to 55/45% but they ALWAYS give the lead to the democrat, it?s just a matter of what size lead they think they can get away with at the time.

That shows the polls are accurate?????

The media doesn?t report the news any more at all.  Instead, they try to influence the outcome with all these ridiculous polls.  Year after year the conservative ?red? states far out number the ?blue? states, yet the polls supposedly tell us different.

Polling questions can be set up to give ANY outcome wanted: ?Do you sometimes agree with so-and-so?? or ?Do you sometimes disagree with so-and-so??  Those two questions give far different results.  The first response they will tell you so-and-so is well liked.  The second: that so-and-so has low approval ratings.

They used to ask, ?Do you agree/disagree for the most part with so-and-so??  Now they don?t even do that, as the results are predetermined by who is paying for the poll to be done.

What polls really are: is BS.  

Polling companies love polls: that is how they make their money and justify their existence.  They will tell you how very important and accurate they are.  

Evidently politicians buy into them because they are too lazy to actually ask/listen to their constituents.  And, perhaps, it is because they have no core beliefs/values of their own to guide them.  Right or wrong isn?t even an issue any more, and seldom is what is good or bad for the country even a consideration.  No leadership, no ethics, no backbones.

Why anyone puts stock in polls is beyond my comprehension.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 10:01:51 AM by ScottC »

Offline ScottC

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 10:01:12 AM »
I just heard on the radio Senator Nelson?s ?town hall? meetings are scheduled for 1:30pm, and another is at 3pm?

Maybe I?m way off here, but logically isn?t that right in the middle of the work day for the vast MAJORITY of people.  Are these times selected to accommodate his constituents? schedule?  Or to make sure they don?t attend???????

Just another example of the pathetic spin these folks put on EVERYTHING to cover up their real motives.  No one wants to be confronted with disagreements, and so they schedule these things so the least number of people can attend.

IF they really wanted to hear from folks, they?d hold them on weekends or at least in the evenings when most people could attend.  But they (and their staff) don?t want to ?work? outside the 9-5, so it is set for their convenience - not ours.

But again, they think we are all too stupid to figure it out.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 11:02:23 AM »
Personally I think you nailed that one right on the head. If they schedule during the day, first they don't have to work anymore than the 9-5 and most of us can't get off of work to attend.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »
They will be getting a lot of retired folks attended.  I know my in-laws are going.

Offline Magnus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
The place holds only 319 people.  The left is already busy stacking the audience.  ""Tuesday night, volunteers work the phones. They're cold calling people trying to get them to show up for the town hall meeting. The group, "Organizing America, Change That Works" is rallying for reform and wants people to show up in support of Senator Nelson. Organizer Margaret Mandy says, "There are so many options on the table, it's hard for people to know what's coming and to know what to support not to support ."  Mandy is also with SEIU, "Service Employees International Union.""  (cut from an article at http://www.action3news.com/global/story.asp?s=10953045).  Senator Nelson remains open to a government option for health care insurance.  He is, after all, a Democrat.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 04:00:47 PM »
Ben Nelson is a coward for scheduling this when he did.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.