< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 1911 pistol made by dmsl printing  (Read 1393 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
1911 pistol made by dmsl printing
« on: November 09, 2013, 12:41:30 AM »

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: 1911 pistol made by dmsl printing
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:00:53 AM »
OK....Let's Develop the Logic of All This New Technology:

First Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

If--as GG says--this device was produced by printing, then it is of the press.

And no laws respecting  (not prohibiting...respecting) DMSL should be made.   That is, according to the First Amendment, should not ever even be addressed by Congress.  Wonder if the Established Press/Media will support that position.

Interesting.    One of my past students has organized a DMSL company in Texas.   Has since asked me to serve on the board of directors.   Which is under consideration.   Might have him make me a Kimber Commander.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:04:52 AM »

Once this type of printing is affordable enough for the common man it will effectively make gun control unenforceable.

Kinda weird how the slide took so long to return to battery.  Maybe because the tolerances were too tight?

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 01:51:37 PM »
I noticed sticky slide that too. The other thing i would be interested in seeing is what they could do to reduce the weight of a 1911. By simply eliminating extra material that normally is too costly or cumbersome to machine away a guy could really lighten one of these things up for conceal carry.
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
There is probably some "wear-in" to a new gun like this.  I am wondering how many rounds the barrel will take.  I noticed they had a nice grouping on the paper.

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 02:58:58 PM »
I was the one probably one of a bunch) who commented on the youtube about it having some issues returning to battery.  The response from the guy was they replaced the recoil spring with a heavier one and fit the barrel a bit more and the problem is gone.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:10:03 PM »
OK--By Now You've Seen Up Above a Successful Private Industry Approach to Printing a Handgun.

For an alternative approach, here's what happens when a handgun is printed under a government (BATF) program:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/09/shakeup-at-guns-ammo-after-gun-control-editorial-backfires/?cmpid=edpick&google_editors_picks=true

See Any Difference?

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer