< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Four Questions about Legal Concealed Carry  (Read 4267 times)

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Four Questions about Legal Concealed Carry
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 06:41:18 PM »
LEO's need to understand the difference between people who legally carry and those who don't.  Just like those who legally drink and have someone else drive and those who don't.  I truly appreciate the work that our LEO's do, they are expose to risk that most of us (me included) could not comprehend. I understand how their views can be tainted, but we need to work on helping them see the bigger picture.  Those with closed minds, not much we can do about it but stick to our rights and understand the law.  This forum helps me on do just that.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline armed and humorous

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Four Questions about Legal Concealed Carry
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »
To be honest, I've only had one interaction with an LEO who I'd say was apparently anti-gun even for law-abiding citizens.  The rest were either simply cautious, which is understandable, or had no problem with legal carry.  Every group has it's bad apple's, and cops are no exception.  Thankfully, they are usually removed from their position if they get too blatant in their unprofessional behaviors.
Gun related issues are, by nature, deadly serious.  Still, you have to maintain a sense of humor about them.