< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Shooting is a real blast!!  (Read 3344 times)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: IDPA Shooting is a real blast!!
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2013, 05:58:37 AM »
Bummer, I don't have a shoot me first vest :(, have to try it later

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2013, 11:07:09 AM »
Bummer, I don't have a shoot me first vest :(, have to try it later

Plenty of people wore sweatshirts.  (Which helped, because it was NOT WARM in there.)  You could have come and shot it, and you know it!

I had a good time at the match this morning, and again demonstrated the fact that if you don't look at the sights, it doesn't work nearly as well.

[sigh]

It is a bad sign when your points down adds another 40% to your run time.  (That was on the second stage.)  In my defense, I was shooting like an idiot....

(Oh wait, that isn't really a defense, per se...)

At least on the first stage, my points down only added 22% more time to my run.

....wait a second, that's really bad too.

[sigh]  Well, it was my first IDPA match.  I'm entitled to one "excused" match, aren't I? 
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 12:58:56 PM »
Plenty of people wore sweatshirts.  (Which helped, because it was NOT WARM in there.)  You could have come and shot it, and you know it!

I had a good time at the match this morning, and again demonstrated the fact that if you don't look at the sights, it doesn't work nearly as well.

[sigh]

It is a bad sign when your points down adds another 40% to your run time.  (That was on the second stage.)  In my defense, I was shooting like an idiot....

(Oh wait, that isn't really a defense, per se...)

At least on the first stage, my points down only added 22% more time to my run.

....wait a second, that's really bad too.

[sigh]  Well, it was my first IDPA match.  I'm entitled to one "excused" match, aren't I?

I think you get 18 excused matches.  :) That's what I'm counting on anyway.  I did so many things wrong I ran out of fingers to keep count.   

But I didn't get DQ'ed, so that's something I guess.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller