< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shhh...don't tell Chris Z  (Read 5895 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: Shhh...don't tell Chris Z
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »
Congrats, I guess I'm in the minority because I like Glocks and actually think they are decent looking guns.

Don't worry, there are plenty of us who agree.

We just don't want to hurt the feelings of the other folks who talk up a big storm but know in their hearts that their own guns just aren't as reliable as ours---so we just let them ramble.

We all know better.  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:21 AM »
Ha, Glocks were definitely not made for aesthetics, but you can't knock a gun that goes bang every single time.

It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Dave67h

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2013, 11:17:38 AM »
Don't worry, there are plenty of us who agree.

We just don't want to hurt the feelings of the other folks who talk up a big storm but know in their hearts that their own guns just aren't as reliable as ours---so we just let them ramble.

We all know better.  :)

I'm not a Glock owner - yet. I probably need to add a Glock 34 to my "Do want" list for 2014 since shooting my 1911 is getting really expensive.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »
I am a Glock only man when it comes to defensive pistols
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
Should I repost this Now ?   :laugh:

:o ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 04:35:28 PM by Phantom »
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »
Should I repost this Now ?   :laugh:

:o ;D

That's funny stuff.  And yes, I watched the 1911 version and laughed too. 

The first time I picked up a G21, I was worried that a 747 was going to try to land on top of the slide.  Jeez!!  :)

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2013, 07:45:39 PM »
I'll always remember my first "real" handgun was a 2nd Generation Glock 21...... I went out to the Ikes range with it and there was a guy on the firing line with his Kimber 1911 that he was VERY proud of. He snarled at my Glock and said to me.... "Wanna shoot this nice Kimber 1911?" I said, sure why not. I fired a couple shots through it, set it back down and said.... Thanks, thinking to my self that was the most painful awkward  feeling gun..... Why in the heck would someone pay $1200 for one of those?

So then I said to him, you wanna shoot my Glock? He looks around to make sure nobody else is around before he stoops to my level. He fired the whole damn magazine, set it down.... Eyes glazed over... And he says, I can't believe how SOFT and ACCURATE that damn Glock is.

I'm pretty certain he drove in to Arms & Ammo (when they used to be in Lincoln) and traded his Kimber in for a Glock.

:-)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »
I'll always remember my first "real" handgun was a 2nd Generation Glock 21...... I went out to the Ikes range with it and there was a guy on the firing line with his Kimber 1911 that he was VERY proud of. He snarled at my Glock and said to me.... "Wanna shoot this nice Kimber 1911?" I said, sure why not. I fired a couple shots through it, set it back down and said.... Thanks, thinking to my self that was the most painful awkward  feeling gun..... Why in the heck would someone pay $1200 for one of those?

So then I said to him, you wanna shoot my Glock? He looks around to make sure nobody else is around before he stoops to my level. He fired the whole damn magazine, set it down.... Eyes glazed over... And he says, I can't believe how SOFT and ACCURATE that damn Glock is.

I'm pretty certain he drove in to Arms & Ammo (when they used to be in Lincoln) and traded his Kimber in for a Glock.

I'm sorry but the "Arms and Ammo" thing is pure speculation on your part.  Do you have proof, or is this simply wishful thinking?  For all we know, he went out and bought a Daisy. 

You Glock guys!  Jeesh! 

:)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2013, 08:25:35 PM »
One thing I will give Glocks vs Kimbers....I've only fired two Kimbers, and both of them malfunctioned on me.  I haven't had that happen when shooting a Glock.

They're still ugly.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, 08:26:51 PM »
I'm sorry but the "Arms and Ammo" thing is pure speculation on your part.  Do you have proof, or is this simply wishful thinking?  For all we know, he went out and bought a Daisy. 

You Glock guys!  Jeesh! 

:)

Offline NENick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2013, 10:36:30 PM »
Ha, Glocks were definitely not made for aesthetics, but you can't knock a gun that goes bang every single time.

Not true... You can hand make some really ****ty ammo that will jam them. Ask me how I know.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 10:38:56 PM by NENick »

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2013, 05:13:22 AM »

Thats what she said...

66bigblock

lulz, well played.

I'm an M&P guy myself, but ya gotta try it

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2013, 02:58:43 PM »
They're still ugly.

>Bee-yoo-tee is in the Eye of the Beholder.
>Pretty Is as Pretty Does  (Whatever That Means......)

There's a very smooth, easy, workable solution to all this controversy:
Get a nice, expensive exhibition box, mount the Pretty Kimber in the box, and put it up on the wall in a conspicuous place.

Then....Pack a Glock.   Any Glock.

There.   Settled.   EVERYBODY Happy!

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 09:11:04 PM »
Don't have any personal experience with Glocks so no opine on how they shoot or function. However, I don't like their looks.