< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Suttle's Joined "Mayors Against Illegal Guns"  (Read 4876 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member

Offline GunFun

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Suttle's Joined "Mayors Against Illegal Guns"
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2009, 07:40:07 PM »
Thank you.

In my opinion it's important that everyone here write a letter to Mayor Suttle asking him to resign from MAIG.

I am doing so myself.

Offline GunFun

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 07:42:29 PM »
P.S. by my count on the NRA's page, 47 mayors have already resigned from this Coalition. Let's see if we can convince Jim Suttle and the other two mayors from Nebraska to be the 48th, 49th, and 50th to resign.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2009, 07:18:47 AM »
"Let's see if we can convince Jim Suttle and the other two mayors from Nebraska to be the 48th, 49th, and 50th to resign"

"RRRRIGGGHHHTTT"  -Austin Powers

Offline RICHARD D LONG

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 08:15:55 PM »
Everything I have seen on both Suttle and Beutler would indicate that they will have no problem with the "real" agenda of MAIG.  It appears that they are both anti-gun and will fit right in with Bloomberg.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2009, 07:50:34 AM »
Time to resurrect this thread!

I found this document this morning, save it to your hard drive and read it thoroughly:
http://snarkybytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/MAIG-Blueprint-FOIA.pdf

Calgunlaws has obtained the Mayors Against Illegal Guns "Blueprint For Federal Action on Illegal Guns" through a FOIA request to the White House.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

A-FIXER

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2009, 08:56:17 PM »
wow, lots of BS.... and pages

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 08:58:54 AM »
Thank you for posting that document Rick.  Some very interesting mis-information in that document.  And I have only started looking through it.

I was looking at the section relating to FFL's since I just got mine.  Very interesting.

So who has some ideas on how to put pressure of Mayor Suttle? Our initial emails apparently made no impact.  What is next?  Local Media?  City Council members?

-Rod

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2009, 09:17:17 AM »
I'm not sure of the best way, but I think getting Lincoln & Omaha's mayors to resign from this group should be a priority for the NFOA in 2010.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2009, 09:57:15 AM »
How about to start with donations to take out professionally made ads to put in the papers stating how these mayors don't want you protecting your daughters. Thinking it's fine to have some crazy walk into the mall and shoot your wife. They hate things in print, especially when it's at home. They will have to counter using taxpayer and Blumbugs money, just ads more fuel to the fire. Getting them on the defensive first is the best offense. Show their voting records. They are not going to be stopped by complaining about them on a forum.

Offline RLMoeller

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2009, 10:07:53 AM »
I agree with your thoughts on the ads.  We had another thread awhile back where I mentioned the idea of billboards.  I am still wanting to pursue that for educating the public on Castle Doctrine.  I have ideas on fundraising for that too.  But that is down the road a bit.  This is more pressing. 

I also agree that the education of the general public should be a priority of the NFOA in 2010.  That is a personal priority of mine in 2010. 

Let's do it!  Who wants to look into the rates for OWH and LJS ads and post their findings? 

Rod

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2009, 10:14:23 AM »
Billboards would be good too. Does the bus systems offer advertising?  If donations were made to the NFOA, they could then sponsor the ads. Would be a good way to advertise NFOA too. I don't know the legalities, but there seems to not be much in politics.

Offline rluening

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2009, 12:06:40 PM »
Personally, I would be against advertising on Omaha buses - they are posted "No CCW".

/rl

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2009, 12:51:09 PM »
I think ads would be a good idea.  I'd be willing to pitch in.

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »
Personally, I would be against advertising on Omaha buses - they are posted "No CCW".

/rl

While that is true I'm sure, and I understand your reasoning. But, the mayors and news rags of Omaha and Lincoln are all anti too.

The reason I would check into it though is that more exposure for the same amount of money is the most efficient way to reach people. I would bet that a large number of the population has no clue that the mayors are against self preservation for the masses.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2009, 06:25:21 PM »
 Yes on the add placed in the main section though. We also have to continue to pressure these guys. Our entire membership needs to do that or it may not do any good. That's the hard part.
 I hand delivered a 5 + page letter to Suttle with my thoughts and facts regarding MAIG. It did no good. We all have to do it at the same time I believe in order to make a impact.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline GunFun

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »
Yes on the add placed in the main section though. We also have to continue to pressure these guys. Our entire membership needs to do that or it may not do any good. That's the hard part.
 I hand delivered a 5 + page letter to Suttle with my thoughts and facts regarding MAIG. It did no good. We all have to do it at the same time I believe in order to make a impact.

Agreed!