< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Take Aim Bellevue  (Read 3514 times)

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
Take Aim Bellevue
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:29:43 AM »
Anyone got any more up to date information on when they expect to be open?

I can't wait, I hope it's so much better than the Bullet Hole...that place needs a renovation so very bad...it would actually serve them to get a larger building.

Also...anyone know of a outdoor range open to the public? Can't decide what club to join....and whether I really want to, always been skeptical of clubs of any sort.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline cad

• Forum Member
Re: Take Aim Bellevue
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 02:46:34 AM »
It opened up 7/18 at 10a for hand guns and 22 rifle. No big rifles until they resolve a sound issue.
Here is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/takeaimbellevue

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:02:59 AM »
I went by there mid afternoon just the other day and they were all locked up and not a single car...and yes it was during regular hours.

Guess I'll drop by again on my next day off.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 07:05:55 AM »
Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is a great range and the yearly membership fee is cheap! :)  There are 7 pistol bays, a 100 yard range (usable when there are RSOs on site), a 300 meter range, 600 yard range, and trap range.  There is currently work being done to install another 6 pistol bays. 

If you have questions about it, you can PM me here or shoot me an email:  dcjulie@windstream.net.  I've been very active in the Practical Pistol group at ENGC for several years and am getting more involved at the club level as of late. 

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 09:24:29 AM »
Eastern Nebraska Gun Club is a great range and the yearly membership fee is cheap! :)  There are 7 pistol bays, a 100 yard range (usable when there are RSOs on site), a 300 meter range, 600 yard range, and trap range.  There is currently work being done to install another 6 pistol bays. 

If you have questions about it, you can PM me here or shoot me an email:  dcjulie@windstream.net.  I've been very active in the Practical Pistol group at ENGC for several years and am getting more involved at the club level as of late. 

I have been looking to join a club, trying to decide between the IWLA or ENGC. IWLA chapter in Lincoln also has nice gun range, not to mention facilities all over the country.  The costs are almost the same between the two.

Wonder though...if I become a certified RO, would I be able to go to the range even when there is no RO on duty? That is something else I have been looking into doing.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline dcjulie

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 11:49:04 AM »
For ENGC, the RSO program is internal, so the NRA RO course or anything similar doesn't actually work the same.  If you are willing to volunteer some time as an RSO on the range, then you can use the 100 when you are there (I THINK) :)    All of the other ranges out there are open from dawn to dusk even without an RSO on the range.  It's just the 100 that requires an RSO on duty.

Offline ProtoPatriot

• Post approval required
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
Went to Take Aim today....the place is nice....no ventilation issues, very nice facility.

I like it a lot, it's so much better than the Bullet Hole.

The owner is cool and everyone was very friendly.

It's a pure shooting range, no selling of guns or anything, at least not at the moment...who knows what they will do in the future.
The USA is a Republic...
This is a Democracy...
This is not the USA...

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 08:53:47 PM »
I went on a tour today with the owners. Really nice place. They took me back to see the ventilation system...impressive to see. They fired 30.06 today so are now open for rifle fire.

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »
I hope to check it this week, looks like a nice shop.

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 07:38:19 PM »
I hope to check it this week, looks like a nice shop.

Well I stopped by this morning, very nice facility. Good lighting, clean, spacious, nice ventilation, it was not very hot today, but the range was cool, not too loud. Staff was pleasant, they were showing people  around when I was there. 

Overall, a big improvement over Omaha's other offering.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: Take Aim Bellevue (the new bellevue shooting range!)
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 01:51:49 PM »
While driving around, I noted they were open (someone should have put the fact it was a new range and that it was open in the subject or something).  Was excited / shocked, walked in, looked around, was impressed.

The website (skipping facebook version):

http://www.takeaimbellevue.com/

Shooting prices appear to be $11 / 30min.  (Add a buddy for $6/30min).

Things to note:

Shotguns are slugs only (no 00 buck).

Might have to use their targets (ala the BH) - listed as "approved only".  Dunno quite what that entails.

I'll have to try'em out over the weekend or something.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 03:25:41 PM »
unfy:

Might have to use their targets......

Somewhat valid reasons are offered by Range Operators for this requirement.

>Prevents use of politically incorrect targets (certain political figures, certain ethnic groups, certain nationalities,
      certain religious symbols, etc.)
>Prevents use of unsafe targets  (frangibles, glass, exploding, water jugs, pop bottles,
      starting fluid, etc.)
>Makes a wee bit more revenue for the range.

Kinda makes sense.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2013, 03:30:00 PM »
unfy:

Somewhat valid reasons are offered by Range Operators for this requirement.

>Prevents use of politically incorrect targets (certain political figures, certain ethnic groups, certain nationalities,
      certain religious symbols, etc.)
>Prevents use of unsafe targets  (frangibles, glass, exploding, water jugs, pop bottles,
      starting fluid, etc.)
>Makes a wee bit more revenue for the range.

Kinda makes sense.

sfg

Indeed understandable albeit sometimes a bit frustrating.  I can print out a bunch of circles on a laser printer dirt cheap.  Granted, most (all ?) ranges that insist you buy their targets are completely fine if you use the small bullseye sticker things (thus getting more bang out of your target).  Which is good I suppose.

Dunno what they mean by 'approved', but I'll ask when I go try'em out.

Oh, and for what it's worth - they have 10 lanes, and they're all 25yd long.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Take Aim - New Bellevue Range First Thoughts
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2013, 07:29:46 PM »
Put 100 rounds downrange @ Take Aim today.  Well, my first 100 ever at the range heh.

Staff was friendly again.

Air handling was good nuff to keep some smokey Unique really low pressure charges from smoking the place up (granted, i was alone in my bay of 5 lanes).  Only got a few hundred left of those infernal things... grrrr....

Carpeted stall ... "tables" ( ? the thing ya can typically fold down if ya want it out of the way while shooting ? )  are kinda nice.

Lanes / Bay areas being concrete instead of carpet are so/so possibly.  Stepping on a piece of round brass on concrete may not be the greatest experience in the world if it slips ? Dunno.

So far, I approve.

It's awesome to have a second gym "in town"!

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:05 AM »
unfy:

if you use the small bullseye sticker things

Yes......My Favorite Rifle/Pistol Target setup.

1" [or larger] blaze orange dots on standard 8-1/2" X 11" typing paper.   Excellent contrast.   Bullet holes show clearly.   Readily available.   And....low, low cost.

Can use 'em on out the farm or back in the boondocks.   Maybe even at Ike's, ENGC, CBR&P, etc.   But not at any local indoor shooting range.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
Can use 'em on out the farm or back in the boondocks.   Maybe even at Ike's, ENGC, CBR&P, etc.   But not at any local indoor shooting range.

Wait, what ?

BH sells them, and has never complained about my rare-ish use of them (usually 2 of the 4-bullseye yellow training targets are more than enough). Then again, I'm a member there and was there ALOT before back injury heh.

I didn't ask TA folks about the limitations on targets.  Given that they seem to have targets really low priced (really thick coated paper paper thickness silhouette for $1.00 ?!).

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »
Old thread, but been to Take Aim twice this week.  Very much like it for all the reasons stated.  Won't o back to the other place.