< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match at ENGC  (Read 4606 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: IDPA Nebraska Classifier Match at ENGC
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2014, 09:11:34 AM »
Remember that if you are an IDPA member, you CAN classify in multiple divisions at the same time, provided your gun meets all division requirements.  (For example, if you are shooting an SSP-legal gun, you can classify in SSP and ESP.  If shooting a SSP-legal .45acp handgun, you can classify in SSP, ESP, and CDP simultaneously.)

HOWEVER, the match signup site only allows you to mark one division---so if you are planning on classifying in multiple divisions at the same time, you will need to make certain that you tell them that at registration PRIOR to shooting the classifier.  (Rules state that you must inform the SO prior to shooting---you can't do it afterward.)

As an example, I classified in all five divisions by shooting only two guns---a S&W 686 shooting major loads using speedloaders for SSR and ESR, and a Glock 21 in .45acp for CDP, ESP, and SSP.  (It went badly, of course, since I certainly wasn't using guns best suited for each division and I'm terrible with revolvers anyway, but I got classified!  :) )
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2014, 06:41:17 PM »
This newly minted IDPA shooter can't hardly wait to give it a go Saturday :laugh:

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2014, 09:41:03 PM »
All pre-registered.  Looks like winter grade lube might be called for.  Saturday's forecast: high of 39, north wind 10-20 and overcast skies. 

Got the insulated bibbers on standby.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2014, 06:21:53 AM »
All pre-registered.  Looks like winter grade lube might be called for.  Saturday's forecast: high of 39, north wind 10-20 and overcast skies. 

Got the insulated bibbers on standby. 

Butch up Sally....you act like you were in the Navy or something.....

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2014, 07:39:23 AM »
Butch up Sally....you act like you were in the Navy or something.....

It was rough duty on the beaches of SoCal. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 03:00:29 PM »
In case participants in the upcoming Classifier Match this Saturday are not familiar with Eastern Nebraska Gun Club, please bring your own drinking water, lunch/snacks, and folding chair. There are port-a-potties at the range.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2014, 03:16:35 PM »
Just now...

1)   Joined the IDPA on the speculative conviction that Aldo will get that "Other Thing" going and I'll have a local venue for shooting IDPA on some kind of generally regular basis, and

2)   Registered for the IDPA Classifier on Saturday, March 22 at ENGC.

The cool thing here is that when I went to the  IDPAOnLine Registration, believe it or not, that registration system knew that I had just now joined IDPA, and did not yet have my new membership number.   It gave me a PENDING "number" and let me sign up for the Classifier.  As a member.

Not sure how it put the two separate actions together, but it was great not to have to struggle with Something Electronic for a change.

Think I'm Gonna Like These Guys.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2014, 03:42:04 PM »
Also, if there is time, we will allow for a second gun entry.  But per the IDPA Classifier rules, the second gun cannot be for the same division.  Example, one gun can be a 9mm for SSP and/or ESP, and a second gun can be a .45 for CDP or a revolver for SSR or ESR.

Thus, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING SHOOTING A SECOND GUN, THEN YOU CAN DO ANOTHER ONLINE REGISTRATION…WHEN DOING SO, ENTER YOUR IDPA NUMBER WITH THE LETTERS “SG” AT THE END OF YOUR NUMBER…for example, your first entry is probably A12345, and your second entry would be A12345SG, and you would obviously be selecting a gun division that is different than your first entry (e.g., CDP instead of SSP or ESP).

As such, I can have your paperwork (scoresheets) prepped in advance, but we would only collect payment for the first gun ($20) between 7:15am-8:40am.  The second gun payment ($10) would be made later on during the match once the SOs and I have an idea on the flow of shooters relative to the 9:00am-4:00pm time that we have reserved at ENGC for the match.

For folks who are not IDPA members, you would just register a second time, but obviously you would be choosing a different division…and I would know from the program’s date/time of registration which is your first choice of gun to shoot.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2014, 03:45:30 PM »
Just now...

1)   Joined the IDPA on the speculative conviction that Aldo will get that "Other Thing" going and I'll have a local venue for shooting IDPA on some kind of generally regular basis...

Glad that you signed up for the Classifier Match, SFG!!!!

Regarding the "Other Thing", once this Classifier is behind me, I'll have the time it'll take to visit with the Take Aim range to get IDPA activities going at that venue.
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2014, 09:29:41 PM »
The cool thing here is that when I went to the  IDPAOnLine Registration, believe it or not, that registration system knew that I had just now joined IDPA, and did not yet have my new membership number.   It gave me a PENDING "number" and let me sign up for the Classifier.  As a member.

Not sure how it put the two separate actions together, but it was great not to have to struggle with Something Electronic for a change.

SFG,

I don't believe that the program knows that you applied for IDPA Membership; it's probably that you chose to register as a member but left the IDPA Member # section blank, and that the program subsequently entered the term "pending".

The program is independent of IDPA and isn't linked to their database, although it will allow me as Match Director to directly upload the match results to IDPA when the match is complete.

If you do happen to receive your IDPA Member # from IDPA between now and Friday evening (early evening as I want to hit the sack early to get up early for the match setup), PM or email me and I can edit your registration online and substitute your member # for the "pending" term.

Again, glad you signed up.  See you Saturday!!
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2014, 09:49:44 PM »
Aldo:

As it happens, I went back through the Non-Member portal just to see Wot's UP and it also did the "pending" scenario.  Nevertheless, I'm still impressed w/IDPA's customer interface.

I look forward to a future IDPA Range Officer course and also the coming Saturday Classifier.   Been wanting to do That One for some time now.

If there's any way you can weasel me onto Saturday's shooting schedule as an IDPA member, such would be appreciated.   But no obligation, etc.

See you Saturday.   

Really enjoyed your IDPA course at Thunder Alley in January.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2014, 08:14:31 AM »
Aldo:

If there's any way you can weasel me onto Saturday's shooting schedule as an IDPA member, such would be appreciated.   But no obligation, etc.

See you Saturday.   

Really enjoyed your IDPA course at Thunder Alley in January.

SFG,

Per IDPA for a Classifier Match, the Match Director can keep your scores held for uploading at a later time into the IDPA database as long as you have applied for IDPA membership prior to Saturday's match.  As Match Director, I'm not supposed to upload an individual's score retroactively if the individual joins after the match.

Thus, if you've joined recently but don't yet have your IDPA #, I'll hold onto your score until you receive the # and pass it along to me.  If you receive your # beforehand, I'll be glad to go into the registration's program and swap your # for the word "pending" if you want to send it to me via PM or email.  8)
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2014, 05:35:21 PM »
Thus, if you've joined recently but don't yet have your IDPA #, I'll hold onto your score until you receive the # and pass it along to me.

Such then shall be our arrangement.   I've already joined, became a member, and have paperwork confirmation from the IDPA website printed out.   Just don't have the membership number yet.  In the mail.

Now This:   I shall quickly rise up through the IDPA administrative ranks and when I'm president, shall direct the Webmeister thusly:

"After you get the money, immediately send back a membership number with the electronic confirmation response."

The pending membership number issue will then be neatly resolved.

I'm reading the rules and practicing my draw.   Bought a new belt from Tractor Supply for $19.95.   Ready to go.

See you tomorrow morning.   Cold and chilly.

sfg