< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Women's Expo 2014  (Read 2054 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Women's Expo 2014
« on: December 23, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »
Well it's that time again. Frankly i was going to skip this year to prepare for the State Fair, but I was essentially told by the boss we were doing it again, sooo.....

Anyone wanting to help out, let me know. So far I have commitments from HuskerXDM, nnylrac, and RN4Guns (and maybe some of the Well Armed Woman crew), my duaghter, and Myself, of course.

Give away donations: So far I have a couple Emily Miller books on their way (tried to get her to come do a book signing, but the airfare, pre buy,etc. too rich for our pockets :( ) and free entry into the Gun show (for the ladies that stop by our booth only) 

Anyone interested in throwing something in the basket?
For reference, in previous years we have had shooting safety gear, thsirts, signed hat from Julie G, Cornered Cat books, various classes from local instructors. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Women's Expo 2014
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:48:39 PM »
This is the same time as the Lincoln Gun Show?   Can you share more info on the whole shindig? 

Inquiring minds want to know...       ;D

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 07:27:24 PM »
Doc, they are doing the Womens expo in one half of the Event Center, while the gun show is in the other half.

You should have seen the look on that one gals face when she came in the wrong door last year lol!
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 08:50:55 PM »
For the inquiring minds.
http://lincolnwomensexpo.com/home
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline metaldoc

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 09:56:25 PM »
Doc, they are doing the Womens expo in one half of the Event Center, while the gun show is in the other half.

You should have seen the look on that one gals face when she came in the wrong door last year lol!

^-^   

The same could probably be said for men going in the wrong door!    :o

NE Bull... thanks for the link.    What the game plan for the NFOA table?  How do the 'give-a-ways' come into play?    I might have something to contribute.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 11:43:26 PM »
Didn't see anything firearms (NFOA) or self defense related on the exhibits list yet...
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 02:32:13 AM »
Didn't see anything firearms (NFOA) or self defense related on the exhibits list yet...
The check is in the mail.  As soon as it hits her desk, it's official.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 07:02:47 PM »
Update:
I have some help lined up (that dang guy and his Legal Aspects Course stealing my help yet again this year ;) )
We are still laying down days and numbers.  But so far thanx to nnylrac, RN4Guns and some gals from The Well Armed Woman (Omaha Chapter), HuskerXDM. Am I missing anyone?
Donations thus far:
Autographed Copy of Emily Get Her Gun (and Obama Wants Yours)
Copy of Mercy Shot (by S.C. Sherman from Iowa- more about this in a later post)
Walking Targets  (metaldoc)

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 08:31:30 AM »
Any other specific donations you're looking for?

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
A pink LC9 we could Raffle off?  ;)

Nothing specific really. I'm kinda letting the offers come in.  Rather than hold it to my ideas.
(Like the Targets from metaldoc, I hadn't thought of that. ) What you have in mind BK?

I will add, I got a offer from HuskerXDM for a Basic Pistol/ CHP course Gift Certificate.
I thought of hitting a local range up for some range time. 

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
I didn't really have anything specific in mind, but if you have some ideas let me know.