< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA Day @ the Legislature  (Read 14703 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: NFOA Day @ the Legislature
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
As far as I'm concerned- Nice.  If that for you is a shirt and tie and jacket, then so be it.  A tasteful tshirt, and nice jeans? OK.  I myself will probably wear my normal - the good blue jeans and a nice button up.  (I'm NOT the shirt and tie guy- been there, done it, hated it. ;) ) We were going to try to color coordinate everyone for visual purposes,  but that is crazy logistically.  We may have other ways of NFOA recognition.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2014, 02:50:34 PM »
We may have other ways of NFOA recognition.

facepaint?

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 02:55:41 PM »
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 03:02:43 PM »
Is That.......

Andy Allen?

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 03:08:50 PM »
If that's what the members want........
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2014, 06:24:46 PM »
So....

Tell someone who's never been to Lincoln how to go about finding the capital and this mystery room and such :D

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2014, 06:40:21 PM »
Google it!   >:D

Nah, j/k.  A map of the Capital will be provided and a list of senator's offices.
Tell ya what.  I will have someone posted at the information booth in the center to direct folks to the room.
(Room 1524 is West of the Info Desk Half way down the Hall of Legislators (pictures on both sides)  I can't recall if it's on the left or right, though. ) 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2014, 06:50:21 PM »
Google it!   >:D

Nah, j/k.  A map of the Capital will be provided and a list of senator's offices.
Tell ya what.  I will have someone posted at the information booth in the center to direct folks to the room.
(Room 1524 is West of the Info Desk Half way down the Hall of Legislators (pictures on both sides)  I can't recall if it's on the left or right, though. ) 

I was going to google it.... but...

Where do I park ?

What building am I supposed to enter ?

Which entrance am I supposed to use ?

etc ?

Gotta remember - I've *never* been in Lincoln.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2014, 07:19:43 PM »
Parking;  Somewhere within walking distance of the big square building with a huge towering dome on top.  (By city design, is is supposed to be visible from most anywhere in the city.
The best way from Omaha would be to turn off the interstate onto the 9th street/ I180 exit.  Follow that south, past the Money Pit Pinnacle Area, and the Husker Stadium, ( will change into 10th), and turn at 'K' street. (One way toward the east) 'K' will bring you right to the North side of the Capital.  Parking garages are around Downtown, or street side parking is usually best south of the capitol.  Either way plan to walk.
The Capital Building has a entrance on each of the four sides, Green Door/ Revolving Door.  North side you will go thru the car entrance under the stairs, West side is behind President Lincoln, South side is up a few stairs thru what looks like a green vault door, and IIRC the East side is also a simple door (I rarely use that door.)  You want to be on the First Floor.  If you end up in a huge area under a big dome/ chandelier, you're on the Second Floor.  Find some stairs and go down and find the nice "young" lady at the info desk, (Big desk in the middle of the intersections of all the center halls) she'll get you anywhere you need to be.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2014, 08:45:58 PM »
Parking;  Somewhere within walking distance of the big square building with a huge towering dome on top.  (By city design, is is supposed to be visible from most anywhere in the city.
The best way from Omaha would be to turn off the interstate onto the 9th street/ I180 exit.  Follow that south, past the Money Pit Pinnacle Area, and the Husker Stadium, ( will change into 10th), and turn at 'K' street. (One way toward the east) 'K' will bring you right to the North side of the Capital.  Parking garages are around Downtown, or street side parking is usually best south of the capitol.  Either way plan to walk.
The Capital Building has a entrance on each of the four sides, Green Door/ Revolving Door.  North side you will go thru the car entrance under the stairs, West side is behind President Lincoln, South side is up a few stairs thru what looks like a green vault door, and IIRC the East side is also a simple door (I rarely use that door.)  You want to be on the First Floor.  If you end up in a huge area under a big dome/ chandelier, you're on the Second Floor.  Find some stairs and go down and find the nice "young" lady at the info desk, (Big desk in the middle of the intersections of all the center halls) she'll get you anywhere you need to be.

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 08:50:10 PM »
Oops. Wrong button...thanks for the breakdown Bull ... I haven't been in the capital in 20+ years I would guess...

Still not sure what to say to my senator...."hey Steve, any firearms bills that you plan on crapping on during this session"

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline webtrekker

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 09:42:30 PM »
Here are a couple of maps that may help ... http://www.nchea.net/sites/default/files/Lincoln_Parking_map.pdf
and
http://www.nchea.net/sites/default/files/Capitol_map.pdf
I pulled these from my site ... our Homeschool org is have our Capitol day the following week so the maps were handy ...  ;D

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29:51 PM »
For those that are cheap like me, you can usually find street parking south of the Capital a couple of blocks, any where from right behind the Governors Mansion to a couple blocks south of there.  I have also had some luck finding parking a block or two east of the Capital.

If you are willing to walk there is free parking around, just allow yourself some walking time.

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 03:22:08 AM »
Thanks webtrekker  I will try to put the map into something I can modify and mark out points of interests

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Drive. Show up. Look at forum. Hey it's the 18th not 8th

So anyone in Lincoln wanna say hi before I go back to ****ing Omaha?

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 10:18:14 AM »
Back to Omaha I go. Grrrr. I blame Rod :P

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
OK, it's official.   Announcing. . . .

NFOA Day @ the Legislature!

Tuesday, February 18th, 2014

8:00a.m - Meetup in a committee hearing room
I'm working on getting a few senators to drop by
More details as we get closer.
9:00 - Go find your senator
10:00 - General Session starts. We will go up to the balcony to watch and wait to be recognized by the Speaker of the Legislature. (it really is a thing, I'm not talking about hoping they notice and just ask who we are :) )

There are lots of things we can do, before and after for those that are interested.  Maybe meet for breakfast before hand?

So how was Lincoln for the first time?
I don't think you can blame Rod, this post is pretty clear.
Hope you can make it on the 18th.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 12:33:49 PM »
OH Unfy, I'm sorry. (I have totally done that before)  We will just call it a practice run thru.  Now you know where the capital is and how to find parking?  Right? 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2014, 12:46:40 PM »
It was nice to visit on a relatively low traffic day sure.

I didn't appreciate walking all the way around that square thing wondering why I couldn't get in :D.  At least, not in semi-dress shoes, tie, and freezing wind hehe.

Given that I only saw I180 -> 9th -> K -> around capital -> 10th -> I180.... it was... I dunno.  A town.  Note that I'm a navy brat so have seen quite a bit heh.  It did remind me a bit of Sacromento.

Parking - I saw a few spots that might be of use, and the the PDF's above by webtrekker will undoubtedly come in handy.

The two folks I met around the capital building (one through the buzzer, the other walking up to it) were nice... which was... more than I can say for Sacromento :D.

I dunno if I'll make the trip on the 18th.  2.0-2.5hrs driving has been unfriendly on my back.  We shall see.

And I don't care what anyone says, I'm still blaming Rod >:D -- just cause it was obviously my fault heh.

All that time spent on face paint for nothing j/ki

Offline NE Bull

• NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »
UPcrawfish was looking for riders, as are a couple others.  Look them up and let them do the driving.