< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Bought a box ammo, reloads, not what i was expecting  (Read 739 times)

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Bought a box ammo, reloads, not what i was expecting
« on: February 02, 2014, 04:50:05 PM »
Its that American Quality Ammunition, going to say crap, now, because i wasnt expecting it to be reloads.

500 rounds, all different casings, federal, winchester, speer, the list goes on.

Was going to seperate them into brand specific cases of 50 as to feed all my mags a common type, but honestly, at this stage is it really even going to matter?

I assume now, im probably going to have to inch my way through this stuff.

Live and learn i guess.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Bought a box ammo, reloads, not what i was expecting
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:44:55 AM »
Should be fine for target loads.  Worst case scenario, some of it misfeeds and provides you with an opportunity for a "fix" drill.  OK, maybe that's not the worst case scenario but, rather, the silver lining.  :)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Bought a box ammo, reloads, not what i was expecting
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 11:04:25 AM »
It depends.  There are quality reloads and there are the others.  I don't buy reloaded ammo myself, but I do reload.  My QC is possibly much better than some, but then probably pales in comparison to others.  I would guess I am somewhere in the middle.  Considering my level of QC, except for newb errors in my first 500 reloads, I can't say that I have had a singe issue with the ammo I have produced.  Of course, that has to be tempered with the fact that I have only reloaded and shot 5,000 rounds.  Still, I think that is pretty good.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum