< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: by having CHP....am i bound to CHP rules while open carrying?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: by having CHP....am i bound to CHP rules while open carrying?
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2014, 10:48:12 PM »
The unofficial mascot of the NFOA is a Mongoose, and you can guess why

Awick I am not trying to stifle the debate over this issue, but I do believe in the end you make your bets and take your chances. Just take it like a man if you are wrong.

Personally I would argue that it is not possible to accurately determine BAC under .03 with a breathalyzer, so it makes the .001 level unenforceable in court if you have  decent lawyer
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2014, 11:20:19 PM »
Yeah, I can agree with that. I know that I have gained a lot of knowledge from the forum and this organization and am really glad that I joined this last summer. I didn't intend to imply any debate was getting stifled, just wanted to keep things from spiraling way off topic like some of the less prototypical posts on here have done.

jFade, from a previous VERY HOT post: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,7085.msg50646.html#msg50646

CitizenClark: ... I just had a half-hour conversation with the Capitol administrator, and he confirmed that people have a right to peaceably assemble on the Capitol grounds with or without a permit (though not necessarily inside the building itself), and that there is no prohibition on the open carry of firearms on the Capitol premises. Also, don't block entrances, don't try to attach stuff to the structure itself, etc.

However, the chances of me ever open carrying inside the capitol building are less then me winning the lottery, and I don't even play the lottery...
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 12:56:24 PM »
When asking the original question, I had several aspects in mind as far as open vs chp...

#1requirement to notify (having chp I will likely error on the side of caution & notify upon contact)
#2 prohibited places- I realize some places listed on the chp list are posted 'gun free'..are hospitals, places of worship, political rallies, establishments that make 51% of sales by alcohol, etc covered by a different statute
#3 Zero tolerance bac

are these exclusive to chp holders? Or are parts restricted by other laws

Good question that has no valid answer. Since open carry is totally unregulated everywhere but Omaha, it is really a mystery as to how local officials might proceed to enforce their perception of the law. Will they try to apply CHP regulation and rules to Open Carry...My guess is YES, they will try, but will they succeed?  Only a court case will answer these questions.

That is why NFOA has partnered with The 2nd Amendment Foundation to push through cases that address the most glaring of government infringement on our rights and we have been pretty damn successful.

And we stand ready to move when ever a case comes up that pushes the line back toward Liberty in our state. In the mean time we try like hell to get things changed in the law before it becomes a legal case for one of our members or any other citizen exercising the right to keep and bear arms.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »
Thank you for your response....

....armed with the knowledge that I continue to aquire, my plan going forward is to drink less often & carry more often!  Although new to concealed carry, I think that I am moving towards a state of mind that I would like to be in while accepting responsibility for the safety of myself & my friends/family...I definitely plan on investing in additional training this year & will look to members of this organization to provide that service.

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member