< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CZ pistols  (Read 4411 times)

Offline JMH

• Forum Member
CZ pistols
« on: January 21, 2014, 12:33:07 PM »
Where in the world can I find one of these in an "offline" setting so I can get my grubby mitts on one?  Have been to BH, GU and a few others with no luck (GU did have a P-07, but I'm looking for a 75 SP-01).  Have also left a message for Moeller in Papillion.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
Re: CZ pistols
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 01:49:52 PM »
CZ website shows GU / Scheel's (Omaha-Lincoln) / Cabela's / Bullet Hole / Trade N Post (Fremont) all to be 'dealers'.....

http://www.cz-usa.com/dealers/?page=2

Other option is to have a NFOA member in the area that has the model you seek and they meet up with you....   Good luck in your quest.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:59:13 PM »
I have an sp01 with some mods if you wanted to try it. I'm in Omaha.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:04:39 PM »
You used to see CZ's often at Cabelas or even Scheels.  I haven't seen one in awhile although Cabelas has a used CZ forget the model in the gun library which is used but has a new price.  I just bought a CZ 75B compact L that was modded by their custom shop from Gunbroker where Rod did the transfer.  It's pretty darn nice and shoots GREAT.  Might want to consider a custom shop gun instead of a regular one.  Well worth it. 

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »
For what it's worth I was at Scheels Lincoln yesterday and asked if they ever have them in stock since the CZ site lists them as a dealer. The guy said they will order them but don't carry them.

I get that it's not a high turnover item but you'd think folks could have one on hand just to show potential buyers.

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 05:42:18 PM »
For what it's worth I was at Scheels Lincoln yesterday and asked if they ever have them in stock since the CZ site lists them as a dealer. The guy said they will order them but don't carry them.

I get that it's not a high turnover item but you'd think folks could have one on hand just to show potential buyers.

They used to be in shops and at gun shows all over... I bought my first one (CZ75BD Police) back in about 2003 or so for about $400.  Then, people discovered how nice of a gun they are, and how inherently accurate the dang things are.  Now, you're lucky to see one anywhere these days due to the high demand(hence all the price increases  :( ).

If you are going to the gun show in Lincoln on saturday, I have a SP01 Tactical (decocker version) I could bring for you to fondle. 

I haven't met too many people that didn't like the way a CZ fits in their hand.

Be forewarned though.... the CZ addiction is very similar to Black Rifle Disease.   ;D
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 08:52:23 PM »
You cannot go wrong with a CZ-75 or 75 SP-01..... Great guns

And that is coming from a Glock guy! If Glock didn't exist (then none of their imitators would either.....)     CZ-75 would likely be my main choice of handgun.

Offline JMH

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 08:01:24 AM »
Thanks for the advice and offers.  I called Scheels in Omaha, they said they can order, but I'd have to pay for up front.  The guy said they would "take care of me" if I didn't like it....

Farmer Rick - thanks for the offer, but I won't be able to make it to Lincoln this weekend. 

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 08:13:05 AM »
I have a CZ 97B 45 and CZ999 9mm.  Both are deadly accurate.  With the 97 on a good day, 3 shot groups at 21' - quarter size.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:49 AM »
Thanks for the advice and offers.  I called Scheels in Omaha, they said they can order, but I'd have to pay for up front.  The guy said they would "take care of me" if I didn't like it....

Farmer Rick - thanks for the offer, but I won't be able to make it to Lincoln this weekend.

What's their price on it?
Just curious as they seem to be kinda high priced on ALL their guns at Scheels.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline JMH

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Didn't get so far as to ask about price, was kind of hoping they'd order one and I could decide to buy it or not afterwards  ;D

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 10:07:59 AM »
Rod ordered the CZ97.  He might be a good source.

Offline newfalguy101

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 04:37:32 PM »
Cz-75s and the offshoots tend to fit the hand very nearly as well as a Browning Hi-power, which is to say they fit pert near every hand!!

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:28 PM »
From what I have read, the 75 and sp01 fit differently due to the high swept beavertail on the sp01.

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
Lincoln gun show.  One vendor had several nice looking CZ 75.  Might have to put that puppy on my wish list :(

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 09:09:29 PM »
If a person is looking for a more budget-minded purchase, look at the Canik and Tri-Star pistols.
They are pretty much a Turkish copy of the CZ75 and Tangfollio pistols, they have quite a few different versions too.
They may not be quite as refined as the CZ, but they are darn nice. I have a Canik Shark C in hard chrome, and handles very nicely.

http://www.canik55.com/index.php?lang=en

It looks like the Piranha F would be the equivalent to the SP-01 except it's not ambidextrous.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 09:18:38 PM by FarmerRick »

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 07:15:50 PM »
If a person is looking for a more budget-minded purchase, look at the Canik and Tri-Star pistols.
They are pretty much a Turkish copy of the CZ75 and Tangfollio pistols, they have quite a few different versions too.
They may not be quite as refined as the CZ, but they are darn nice. I have a Canik Shark C in hard chrome, and handles very nicely.

http://www.canik55.com/index.php?lang=en

It looks like the Piranha F would be the equivalent to the SP-01 except it's not ambidextrous.

That's a nice looking piece of weaponry there

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 07:28:26 PM »
I've been seriously tempted by the Canik pistols. 

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2014, 03:59:53 PM »
For those looking for CZ pistols in stock, the Trade 'n Post  pawn shop in Fremont has at least 8 or so CZ pistols in their display cases. Not the best prices in the world, but not terrible either.

http://tradenpostfremont.com/

Offline JMH

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »
No SP-01's at the Trade N Post, however they do have a P-01 (compact version).  May have to travel up there to check it out.  Cabelas had/s 2 P-07's (compact, polymer) on sale this past weekend, took a look, very nice looking guns.  They checked on special ordering a SP-01 and the gal that called back said she can't get one from any of her suppliers, so also no quote on a price.

Have seen some on gunbroker, most hovering in the $675-750 range.