Gear & Equipment > Optics

Lookingfor suggestions for Reddot for AR-15

(1/4) > >>

newfalguy101:
I built ( ok, ok, assembled ) an Ar-15 for my wife using a DPMS lite-16 flattop upper and now I need a scope for it.

I don't need a "super duper best scope ever invented" optic on this gun, I am looking for suggestions for an entry level dot sight.  The gun wont likely get shot much more than a few hundred rounds a year, and I didn't spend a ton of money building and don't want to spend a ton of money on the scope.

Thanks

tstuart34:
Vortec has a nice little red dot that you can get for about 120 when its on sale from Palmetto. Or Primary Arms has a nice dot with mount for about a 100.

bkoenig had a vortec listed a couple months ago. Maybr PM him and see if he still has it. lincoln gun show is also this weekend might be able to snag something...

ghknives:
How does the Vortec work in bright sun light? Most of the inexpensive sights I've been around are tough to see on bright sunny days

Lorimor:
I hung a little Bushnell TR-80 on my 15-22.  Seems to work well.  Turkey hunters put them on their shotguns, so the recoil of the mighty 5.56 shouldn't be a problem.

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: ghknives on January 23, 2014, 06:35:03 PM ---How does the Vortec work in bright sun light? Most of the inexpensive sights I've been around are tough to see on bright sunny days

--- End quote ---

I shot my Vortex red/green dot in daylight hours and it was more than bright enough.  Of course the red dot is not exactly small either.

Fly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version