< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Next IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match February 1st  (Read 8271 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Next IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match February 1st
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2014, 09:37:42 PM »
Scores up on practiscore.   That Chief Safety Officer really sucked today didn't he?

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2014, 09:57:21 PM »
Hmmm...should we count the number of USPSA "gamers" that are in the top 10, or should we just not pick at that scab?   ;)

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
Alex rocked it today.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2014, 10:19:19 PM »
Alex rocked it today.

Yeah I know.  What an Alpha Hotel right?!

Fly

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2014, 10:41:18 PM »
Today was only my 2nd IDPA match, and I'm still happy as long as I don't have ND or accidently shoot myself :o. OK I've got slightly higher goals, but not much. It was a fun time.

Good deal!  Always happy to see people who are shooters, not just gun owners.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #65 on: February 01, 2014, 11:19:47 PM »

Good deal!  Always happy to see people who are shooters, not just gun owners.

Agreed.  Keep it up!  It doesn't matter how well you do, there is always that elusive perfection to shoot for.  Welcome to action pistol.

Fly

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #66 on: February 01, 2014, 11:42:55 PM »
Ron and Cliff did a great job of making sure the match was safe and fun.  I will definitely be back.

Thanks, Fly. It's really the crowd that makes or breaks it, and it was a super group today...38 shooters!!  Glad to have seen everyone there today....and glad that you'll be back!!  :)

Ron managed to design stages that pretty much perfectly required all the skills I'm weakest at, and allowed none of the match skills I'm best at.
[sigh] 

Woops!!!!!  ;)

Hey Ron, are the scores up yet?   :P

Yes, results are posted on Practiscore under "IDPA Nebraska Indoor Match 02/01/14": https://www.practiscore.com/match-results/uuid?uuid=B5337411-C218-4C28-B3B3-BB5EAC7AF248   8)

Thanks to everybody who helped out with pasting targets, loading magazines for others, picking up brass for folks, etc....I had a LOT of fun with running the target switch area because I would keep my right ear muff volume dial low but the left one up so that I could hear all the USPSA guys talking behind the line...what a hoot you guys are in jiving each other, etc.  ;D
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2014, 12:00:15 AM »
Today was a fun match.  I know running any kind of match involves a ton of work, so I'm really glad you guys have brought this to the Lincoln area.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2014, 12:28:57 AM »
All in all, I think now it would have been better to have hit some of those heads on stage #2.  I wish I could figure this aiming thing out.  :)

Good crowd as usual.  Thanks for the hard work guys.   
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »
because I would keep my right ear muff volume dial low but the left one up so that I could hear all the USPSA guys talking behind the line...what a hoot you guys are in jiving each other, etc.  ;D

And they don't use big words, so they're easy to keep up with. 

Snicker. 

:)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2014, 05:46:00 AM »
And they don't use big words, so they're easy to keep up with. 
Snicker. 

Ok, you just bought yourself some "background commentary" at the next match with that remark!

[sigh]

Off to dryfire so perhaps I won't miss so much next time....

...of course, I'll see you guys at the USPSA match today, right?  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2014, 08:14:13 AM »
Ok, you just bought yourself some "background commentary" at the next match with that remark!

[sigh]

Off to dryfire so perhaps I won't miss so much next time....

...of course, I'll see you guys at the USPSA match today, right?  :)

I figured that was already happening. 

"What's that guy doing here?"  "What do you mean? He HIT something today?"  "My Grandma shoots faster." 

All I have to really do is fire some of my famous cast lead reloads and that gets folks all kinds of excited.  :)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #72 on: February 02, 2014, 08:24:32 AM »
My problem was shooting a Gold Cup I just had rebuilt at C&S and not shooting it prior to the match (one of my pet peeves I see others do).  Alas, I got what I kind of expected.  I am pretty sure Lorimor owned me today in the 1911 side match even with his smoking, choking reloads.     

Usually it's the other way around.  Too bad it had to happen yesterday, when it REALLY counted.  You may not have been informed ahead of time but yesterday was the CDP World Championship.  Yep, for all the marbles.  Looks like the beautiful, ornate and highly coveted traveling SwabJockey Trophy resides with me for yet another year. 

I almost feel bad now, having erased much of the C&S magic with my cordless Dremel on your Colt. 

But as they say, "All's fair in love and CDP." 

:)

Better luck next year!