< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Meeting with Col. Tom Brewer  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
Meeting with Col. Tom Brewer
« on: February 01, 2014, 01:07:02 PM »
I had a chance to talk with Col. Tom Brewer this morning. He is running for congressional district 3 seat next election. The Col. is definitely a pro second amendment guy and is not happy with the direction our country is heading. I would like to see NFOA set up a meeting with Col. Brewer, and interview him for endorsement. Thanks, C. Matson North Platte

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Meeting with Col. Tom Brewer
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »
From what I understand Col. Brewer is very active in the shooting sports.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 02:23:15 PM »
Chuck, I have also meet with Col Brewer and have a lot of respect for him and hope he does well.  That said due to tax regulations the NFOA can not endorse or support Political candidates.  Also the NFOA-PAF is a state level PAC so it can not be involved directly in Federal races (campaign finance laws and fundraising rules are different for organizations involved in Federal races), but any events that we do out in that part of the state that ewe hold we will want to make certain that the Col. Gets an invitation to.

That said I am looking for people further west that may be interested in helping me get some events going outside of the Omaha and Lincoln area's, if anyone I'd interested please drop me a note and we can discuss what needs to be done.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 03:59:34 PM »
That said due to tax regulations the NFOA can not endorse or support Political candidates.  Also the NFOA-PAF is a state level PAC so it can not be involved directly in Federal races ; Thanks for the heads up.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 04:09:32 PM »
RULES AND STUFF! 
I, too am interested in the Col. Brewer.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 04:09:53 PM »
I live in District 1 where our Congressman continues to be "mislabeled" a Republican over the last 18 months.  I have to say I've been pretty happy seeing Adrian Smith standing firm so wondering what would be gained from Brewer,  Just asking....and wishing he were running in District 1.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 04:25:37 PM »
Adrian stands firm, but not committed to anything in my opinion. I have contacted his office dozens of times over the years, getting kind of tired with the canned responses. For instance on amnesty. Adrian tells me he is not for amnesty, at the same time he tells me he is for reform of the laws. This is the same thing boehner and the rest of the gang are ultimately pushing for. To flood the country with cheap labor.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 04:27:10 PM »
at the same time he tells me he is for reform of the laws. This is the same thing boehner and the rest of the gang are ultimately pushing for.

Yessir....the law is fine and needs NO reform.....just needs to be ENforced.....

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 04:32:37 PM »
.....just needs to be ENforced.....
Yes Sir! I agree!

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 04:38:29 PM »
I spent over an hour with Col. Tom. I like him! My friend Steve Homen out east says the same thing, wishes he was running out that way!

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 04:39:05 AM »
Adrian stands firm, but not committed to anything in my opinion. I have contacted his office dozens of times over the years, getting kind of tired with the canned responses. For instance on amnesty. Adrian tells me he is not for amnesty, at the same time he tells me he is for reform of the laws. This is the same thing boehner and the rest of the gang are ultimately pushing for. To flood the country with cheap labor.

This is the "New" Republican party for you.  They continue to let democrats and liberal media define their issues and tactics then act bewildered when they lose elections.  The new immigration reform push has been a reaction to opinions that only by capturing a larger percentage of Hispanic vote can they ever win another election.  They're told this will allow them to reach GWBush levels of 45% of the Hispanic vote.  I've heard that segment is between 7 - 8% of total vote which they only got 25% of with Rommney.  So in order to recapture an additional 20% of 8% they are willing to break off the Tea Party/Conservation portion of their base, many of whom now register independent or just stay home.

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »
Adrian stands firm, but not committed to anything in my opinion. I have contacted his office dozens of times over the years, getting kind of tired with the canned responses.

You're going to get canned responses from any politician.  That's what they do.  They don't have time to come up with a different response for every constituent.

I'm intrigued by Col. Brewer, but I think the state would have been better served with him running in the 1st District.  Especially since he's lived here for quite a good chunk of his life.  Fortenberry needs to be replaced more than Smith.

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 12:13:38 PM »
You're going to get canned responses from any politician.  That's what they do.  They don't have time to come up with a different response for every constituent.
Yeah? Whatever!