< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Kel tec Sub2000  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
Kel tec Sub2000
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:52:46 PM »
I have an opportunity to get one NIB for 350.  Glock mag version. Friend of a friend needs cash fast. Anyone have experience with these?  I have read fairly decent things online, aside from the front sight being garbage.  Need to decide by morning.  Thanks for any opinions either way

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Kel tec Sub2000
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:58:46 PM »
Go for.  Got one with Glock mags.  Fun to shoot and not bad to carry on a road trip.  Fits in a computer case neatly.  There are alternatives to the plastic fantastic front sight :D

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 08:15:38 PM »

Mine:

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:32:07 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 08:56:15 PM »
I have the glock 17 version...even though the msrp is around $400, they typically sell on sites like gunbroker for $600...I was looking for one 12 months ago online & they were closing for over a grand each for the 9mm glock versions during the hysteria...

What I'm saying is, for $350 its impossible to go wrong...for less than $100 you can buy hardcore AR style front sight from red lion precision. I plan on adding that as well as possibly a telescoping forend that they sell as well that allows you to add a red dot or whatever accessories you want, rotate them 90° or more keep zero when you fold the gun....

What sold me was the super compact size when folded in a decent pistol caliber carbine....my plan was to follow up with a g26 for ccw, then my xd subcompact stole my heart....but I'm still happy to have it with such a common mag style....FYI, there is a less common glock 19 version which works with g17 mags but the 17 won't work with the shorter 19 mags....they both work well with a 33 round 'happy stick'
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Jerry Lundegard

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 10:47:46 AM »
Picked it up this morning. Thanks for the tip about Red Lion an all other comments. Nice rifle but that front sight is pretty bad

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 12:47:05 PM »
hicock45 did a video about a sub2000, he said the front sight wasn't as bad as he had heard about.

I used to have a 9mm carbine (not a sub2k though) and loved it, wish I still had it.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:04:50 PM »
Picked it up this morning. Thanks for the tip about Red Lion an all other comments. Nice rifle but that front sight is pretty bad

I also received some cool 'stocking stuffers' for my sub2k last Christmas....they were from a place called Tacticool...there was a small pad that slips onto the stock to pad your cheek when you are looking down the sights. I also got a knob that goes over the charging handle for an easier grip...the third item I installed but I'm not sure about yet, is a recoil reducer...this required some disassembly & also a break in period....

All 3 items were about $25 from Tacticool... Red Lion also has a few other nice but expensive items I didn't mention....now you have 3 hours of my research in 2 forum posts...haha...enjoy!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 06:23:02 PM »
Tandemkross, Google it and check it out

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 07:20:08 PM »
Red Lion rocks.... OUTSTANDING customer service.  Generous military/veteran discount.  I would be happy to email pics if you send me a PM with your email.  I tried to download here, but we are limited to 500kb and my pics are 1-1.5 Mb

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »
Red Lion rocks.... OUTSTANDING customer service.  Generous military/veteran discount.  I would be happy to email pics if you send me a PM with your email.  I tried to download here, but we are limited to 500kb and my pics are 1-1.5 Mb
Read much good about Red Lion stuff.  Never been able to download pics here either :(