< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ups refused to ship a firearm  (Read 2705 times)

Offline DaveB

• NFOA Full Member
  • Future lottery winner!
Re: ups refused to ship a firearm
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 04:11:37 PM »
The big reason is that if a gun is stolen in transit, it needs to happen where UPS has total control and knowledge of every person that came in contact with it. If some highschool kid working at the mail center that accepts UPS knows that there is a gun there, it could come up missing and nobody would know who did it for some time.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 05:22:29 PM »
The big reason is that if a gun is stolen in transit, it needs to happen where UPS has total control and knowledge of every person that came in contact with it.

That's what the guy at the south O UPS told me the first time I shipped one.  Also why they wanted it over nighted to where it was going.  Then I got to wondering I don't think it was a over night shipment back to me and when you buy a firearm online it's usually a 2 day deal so who knows. 

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »
http://www.atf.gov/content/firearms-frequently-asked-questions-unlicensed-persons#shipping-firearms-carrier

Q: May a nonlicensee ship a firearm by common or contract carrier?

A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun. In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(2)(A), 922(a) (3), 922(a)(5) and 922(e), 27 CFR 478.31 and 478.30]

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2014, 07:55:08 PM »
Never mind
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:57:31 PM by sparky »
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Chuck Matson

• Steel Benefactor
  • 2012 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
They can refuse service to anyone they want ... as long as it's not a gay couple that wants a wedding cake.
Ain`t that the truth!