Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

Nebraska/Omaha knife laws I should know about?

<< < (3/3)

OnTheFly:
A couple of questions which may have been answered before on the forum.  If the knife has a clip so that the clip and/or one end of the knife can be seen, then that is NOT concealed?  In this case, knife length is not limited?

Fly

Jito463:

--- Quote from: RobertH on January 31, 2014, 12:09:19 PM ---also don't forget about automatic knives are a no-no in Lincoln, etc.

--- End quote ---

Automatic knives?  Something like this? :D

Jito463:

--- Quote from: bkent on January 31, 2014, 02:24:31 PM ---There's also city code to think about:

http://www.cityofhastings.org/city_code/chapter21.pdf

21-101. Carrying concealed weapons. No person in the City shall wear under his or her clothes, or conceal about his or her person, or display in a threatening manner, any dangerous or deadly weapon including, including but not limited to, any pistol, revolver, sling shot, cross-knuckles or knuckles of lead, brass or other meta l, or any bowie knife, or any knife resembling a bowie knife, or any knife with a switch-blade or device whereby the blade or blades can be opened by a flick of a button, pressure on the handle or other mechanical contrivance, or a pocket knife having a blade of more than three inches in length. No thing in this section shall prohibit the carrying of a concealed handgun in a manner otherwise consistent with Neb. Rev. St. § 69-2427 et. seq., known as the Concealed Handgun Permit Act or 18 United States Code 926, known as the Law Enforcement Officer’s Safety A

Kent

--- End quote ---

Wow, sounds like that would include the Kershaw knife I bought recently.  It has a lever on one end to flip it open.  Not that it would directly affect me, fortunately.  I don't visit Hastings or even drive through there.

https://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Pocketknife-Satin-Finished-Glass-Filled-Reversible/dp/B00172A3DE?SubscriptionId=AKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q&tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00172A3DE

On an unrelated note, the site I bought it from (via an ad through an NRA-ILA e-mail, no less) claimed it was a "$50" knife.  It's on Amazon for only $1 more than I paid for it from them.  Yeah, that's a high-dollar knife, alright.  ::)

Jito463:
D'oh!  I just realized how old this thread was.  I was browsing through and didn't pay attention to the last posted dates, heh.

eelstrebor1:
Just another reason why I say that all weapons laws should not fall under criminal law.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version