< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Would anyone be interested in IDPA Indoor Matches at the new Take Aim range?  (Read 4043 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
The relatively new Take Aim indoor shooting range in Bellvue has made contact with IDPA Nebraska...thanks to SemperFiGuy for facilitating the contact  ;)

Would there be ample folks interested in shooting an IDPA indoor match at Take Aim in Bellvue as an additional venue to what we are doing with our indoor matches at Thunder Alley?

We're still working on the logistics of doing a personal visit and discussing all that it would entail.

Thanks!  8)
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
Definitely!  Take Aim has a great facility.
Kent

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Definitely!  Take Aim has a great facility.
Kent
Thanks, bkent.  Couple questions that will assist IDPA Nebraska with its research and  considerations:

1) Have you participated in any IDPA matches (indoor or outdoor)?

2) Are you an IDPA member?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!!
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
Thanks, bkent.  Couple questions that will assist IDPA Nebraska with its research and  considerations:

1) Have you participated in any IDPA matches (indoor or outdoor)?

2) Are you an IDPA member?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!!

1. Yep, the last two events at Thunder Alley.

2.  I am.

Kent

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
1. Yep, the last two events at Thunder Alley.

2.  I am.

Kent

Excellent!!!  ;D

P.S. I'm obviously not one to put names/avatars/etc to faces/individuals.  :-[
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Aldo...........Great Follow-up on Your Part.

1)  Yes to previous IDPA.   Was formerly part of the Tuesday night IDPA/ISPC shoots at the Bullet Hole until they were rather arbitrarily shut down by the BH owner.   Looked forward to Bang-Bang Nite with Great Enthusiasm each week.   Both the Shooting and the Really Great Shooters that I met.   We had up to 40 or more shooters attending.

2)  Not currently an IDPA member, because there is at present no Omaha Metro IDPA venue.   If Take Aim signs on, I'll join IDPA and probably work toward IDPA Range Officer certification to help in some modest way at the events.   At any rate, I'd participate.

Please Keep On Keepin' On with this Excellent Project.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
Excellent!!!  ;D

P.S. I'm obviously not one to put names/avatars/etc to faces/individuals.  :-[

I helped paste the black target areas for a good portion of the day.  I shot horribly.  That should at least narrow it down.  :)

Kent

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
I helped paste the black target areas for a good portion of the day.  I shot horribly.  That should at least narrow it down.  :)

Kent

Okayyyyy....now I gotcha!  :D

Thanks for the reminder. You were *extremely* resourceful with that black pasting....there were quite a number of 1/2 tan and 1/2 black shots that go in favor of the shooter because of how the bullets bounce up off of the Level IV body armor and into the head area.  :laugh:

Unfortunately, on my last T6 head shot, my two got lodged into the body armor right at that junction   :o ...which proved to be VERY costly. :'(

Thanks again for your help!  8)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 01:55:59 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Aldo...........Great Follow-up on Your Part.

1)  Yes to previous IDPA.   Was formerly part of the Tuesday night IDPA/ISPC shoots at the Bullet Hole until they were rather arbitrarily shut down by the BH owner.   Looked forward to Bang-Bang Nite with Great Enthusiasm each week.   Both the Shooting and the Really Great Shooters that I met.   We had up to 40 or more shooters attending.

2)  Not currently an IDPA member, because there is at present no Omaha Metro IDPA venue.   If Take Aim signs on, I'll join IDPA and probably work toward IDPA Range Officer certification to help in some modest way at the events.   At any rate, I'd participate.

Please Keep On Keepin' On with this Excellent Project.

sfg
Time, personpower, and costs are our factors with IDPA Nebraska.  Hopefullly we'll have some of that remedied as we grow and ranges participate with us.  ;)

My vision is to see the IDPA shooting sport all across Nebraska....but then again, my Pops always said I was a "daydreamer"!  :P
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Would depend on when it was held.  Not real fond shooting indoors but could tough it out  :laugh:
Want to shoot your match at ENGC, though!

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
I'd be interested, but not a member of IDPA. 

Offline Waltherfan

• NFOA Full Member
I'd be interested :)

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Would depend on when it was held.  Not real fond shooting indoors but could tough it out  :laugh:
Want to shoot your match at ENGC, though!
Thanks for the response.  Will keep y'all posted.

Definitely the ENGC Classifier Match will be an excellent venue!!

Are you an IDPA member?
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
I'd be interested, but not a member of IDPA. 
Shooting at a Tier 1 level match at a local indoor club will be fine...as I looked across the country to see what more "established" clubs have been doing regarding IDPA membership, they highly encourage membership after one shoots their first match as a non-member (per the IDPA rule book), but there is a LOT of flexibility on that aspect across the board...again at local indoor (and even many outdoor) club level matches.

Official Classifier Matches, however, do require IDPA membership....
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
I'd be interested :)

Hey, if we get it going there, I look forward to seeing you!!!
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Thanks for the response.  Will keep y'all posted.

Definitely the ENGC Classifier Match will be an excellent venue!!

Are you an IDPA member?
No, not yet

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
I would likely attend, depending on when the matches are held.

This would be quite a bit closer than Lincoln to me and thus much more convenient!

I shot the last match at Thunder Alley.

I am not an IDPA member.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
RE:    Frequent I am not an IDPA member. expressions in this thread.

Aldo, et.al.:

We can expect that just about everyone in the immediate Take Aim Indoor Range market area would not be an IDPA member because no IDPA matches have been offered for about three years now.   Folks are not likely to have national membership without a local venue for access to their sport.

However, it's reasonable to expect that if Take Aim opens an IDPA series, then a good many of the attendees would join up w/IDPA, become active, and accept leadership and service roles, pretty much like most ongoing volunteer recreational organizations.

As it happened, when the BH held IDPA matches, no one ever brought up the issue of IDPA membership.   At least, to me.  Membership was not talked up much at the time.   My guess is that most shooters back then were not IDPA members.   However, the leadership cadre most likely was at the time.

Here's wishing you the best of success in working out an IDPA arrangement with Take Aim.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Just realized I hadn't commented on this.  Yes, of course I'd be interested also, along with a hope that it would be on a day where I could make it. 

You are going to need to quit your day job, Aldo, so you can run all this stuff!

(And when I win the lottery and build my own range, you can run IDPA there, too.  Of course, you'll have to argue with the USPSA guys in terms of scheduling...)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
You are going to need to quit your day job, Aldo, so you can run all this stuff!

Hah!!!  ;)   If I was retired (not quite there yet), it would be possible...but in the meantime...

....there are a couple of things: 1) my understanding is that Take Aim has the personpower willing to assume IDPA indoor match leadership positions (e.g., SOs once they're trained/certified), 2) my role would be limited initially to just helping them get started (and hopefully training/certifying them as SOs) and then my role afterwards would be to just pop in and be a shooter in the match and train additional SOs as needed, and 3) knowing that you would be there as a shooter and also eventually as an SO offering assistance, Take Aim's IDPA has the potential to really take off!  And SemperFiGuy's desire to help out is another bonus!  :)

...and I will be begging  ;D  for you and your colleagues from ENGC to PLEASE continue to come to IDPA Nebraska's indoor and outdoor matches!!! You guys along with a couple of locals are really showing everybody at our matches a level of skills and abilities to which they can strive!!  8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 03:14:36 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com