< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska Governor Candidates  (Read 5193 times)

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nebraska Governor Candidates
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 02:49:46 PM »
Bruning is the step brother in law of a friend of mine at work.
Never met the man a day in my life but I hear stories about watching golf on his tablet at the dinner tablet during a family thanksgiving meal.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 06:27:58 AM »
Thanks for posting that retro column, stripes don't come off a Zebra.  Bruning is dead to me.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »
Still not sold on Bruning.  I couldn't get over my gut feeling that he's the classic "weather vane" politician when he ran for US Senate and so I supported Fischer.  Just not sure I could trust his "ideals" in a closed Governor's meeting with someone like Christie anymore than I could a senate meeting with McCain.  As far as NFOA membership being a deciding factor, I'll hold out till Farmer Rick throws his hat in the ring. 

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
Still not sold on Bruning.  I couldn't get over my gut feeling that he's the classic "weather vane" politician when he ran for US Senate and so I supported Fischer.  Just not sure I could trust his "ideals" in a closed Governor's meeting with someone like Christie anymore than I could a senate meeting with McCain.  As far as NFOA membership being a deciding factor, I'll hold out till Farmer Rick throws his hat in the ring.

Don't hold your breath.  While it wouldn't be quite this bad...  :o   

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2014, 03:26:45 PM »
Never met the man a day in my life but I hear stories about watching golf on his tablet at the dinner tablet during a family thanksgiving meal.

Multi-tasking is not a crime, or I would have been jailed years ago.  However, like RedDot, he gave me a "weather vane" feeling too, which is also why I voted for Fischer, despite her land problems, and she hasn't disappointed me yet.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 03:28:57 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »
Multi-tasking is not a crime, or I would have been jailed years ago.  However, like RedDot, he gave me a "weather vane" feeling too, which is also why I voted for Fischer, despite her land problems, and she hasn't disappointed me yet.

Quite true, I was feeling the same and could never put my finger on it.
I just felt like I could trust Deb Fischer more.
My wife who is very intuitive and who's "feelings" I've learned to trust, has always thought Bruning was sneaky, and an opportunist.
Don't know who I will support for Gov. but right now I'm leaning toward my Senator McCoy.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2014, 01:22:56 PM »

That may be a comment about the people he was dining with, not the man himself. 
NRA Life Member.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2014, 01:27:40 PM »
If you cared enough to watch the debate yesterday, say AYE.

AYE!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 08:30:03 AM »
Has the NFOA sent out its questionnaires yet?

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
The NFOA does not send out the questionnaires. That is a function of the NFOA Political action fund (PAF) which has a separate board. I do not know the timeframe the NFOA-PAF is working with.

I do know they need volunteers to help get the work done if you are so inclined    http://www.nfoapaf.org/
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2014, 05:49:59 PM »
I was busy moving, so didn't catch the debate.  From what my boss said, it was uninteresting.

I'd like to see one of these morons stand out and SAY SOMETHING.

Make me want to vote for you, please.

Hell, I think Gov. Walker came down and did some kind of endorsement thing for Ricketts - but by the end of it, you were more likely to vote for Walker than any of our guys.

Why can't our Nebraskan brothers say anything to convince us that they have a plan, the details of this plan, or or or or or.

As a side complaint, wasn't Stothert supposed to get rid of the restaurant tax ? Wasn't that a big deal about her campaign ? WTF?

Think i'll go sulk in the corner being pissed off at politics and other things.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2014, 06:10:49 PM »
That was a huge part of her campaign. Unfortunately, it brings in too much revenue for the city to give up and the restaurateurs stopped raising hell over it.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2014, 06:16:14 PM »

Yet another reason why I was glad to leave Omaha.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D