< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Open Letter to Connecticut Police  (Read 1600 times)

Offline NebraskaFilly

• NFOA Full Member
Open Letter to Connecticut Police
« on: February 26, 2014, 06:23:58 AM »
IMO, this should be sent to the police of any state that has instituted unconstitutional gun control laws.  This particular one is to the police of Connecticut.  You all may have already seen this since it is dated 2/15.  Sorry if it is a repeat but this is the first time I've seen it.

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2014/02/an-open-letter-to-men-and-women-of.html
« Last Edit: February 26, 2014, 06:26:25 AM by NebraskaFilly »

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Open Letter to Connecticut Police
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 08:13:34 AM »
he is a little self inflating but he doesnt mince words
to parapharse a long article

"you come at us, we will kill you, do you want to be dead?"

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »
"you come at us, we will kill you, do you want to be dead?"

We really need to read the whole letter and not just take a quote like this out of context
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 01:23:49 PM »
its not out of context, the leter, while longer than its needs to be, and self promoting by the author asks the state police if they are willing to do the dirty work of the politicians, if they are, are they willing to die for it.

The author states he thinks there are more than 3,000 people willing to kill them if they do what is being proposed and if they do that they won't get their pension.

its not out of context, it is THE context of the entire article

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 05:14:56 PM »
The letter boils down to what landon410 said. The author has a point, are the police willing to put their lives on the line for the will of politicians? Does a majority of the state residents support the legislation? I'm not sure if a majority of people agree with ardent 2nd Amendment supporters in regards to registration leading directly to confiscation.

If it came down to surrendering my guns to police in a case like this I don't know exactly how I would respond if they knocked on my door. I hope and pray it never comes down to it as I don't want to be forced to make that decision.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2014, 07:09:58 PM »
If it came down to surrendering my guns to police in a case like this I don't know exactly how I would respond if they knocked on my door. I hope and pray it never comes down to it as I don't want to be forced to make that decision.

Egypt, Syria, Greece, Ukraine, Venezuela, Sudan, Katrina, Boston.

If you want my firearms, you can break into my house while i'm not there to take them -- otherwise, it aint happening without a fight.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 07:44:27 PM »
its not out of context, it is THE context of the entire article

I see the context as more of a warning... "Don't tread on me (or I will strike)"

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 08:34:51 PM »

First, you move all of your weapons where they can't find them. Then, you wait for them to come and take them. If they come, they will have nothing to find. If they start arresting people who don't even have any guns, you go get them and stand for your rights. Then your brothers will come help you.

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 10:06:52 PM »

First, you move all of your weapons where they can't find them. Then, you wait for them to come and take them. If they come, they will have nothing to find. If they start arresting people who don't even have any guns, you go get them and stand for your rights. Then your brothers will come help you.

Mntnman that is good advice and I sincerely appreciate that.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 11:49:29 PM »

Too much room for squishy incrementalism.

I have my guns.  If you come for them, you'll have to climb over me and a pile of spent brass.  If everyone had the beans to say that, and the stones to mean what they say, it would be a farce to even contemplate trying to confiscate them: 60 Million Gun owners times 3% ( the percentage of Americans that, historically speaking, have the stones to back what they say, when the chips are down)= 180,000 Waco/Ruby Ridges? Even if you figure 1/2 of gun owners live in the same home with another gun owner, that's still more "incidents" than they have Lon Horiuchi's to deal with ....

Draw the line.  Make direct eye contact.  Have the courage of your convictions, because anything less is appeasement...... ask Mr. Chamberlain and the Poles how that worked out.

III.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 04:32:55 PM »
Many of the people who would defend the Constitution are veterans with training and combat experience.   They know the tactics, the weapons and the strategies.   What they will lack is the fire power.   Even AR-15s are not much of a match against helicopter gun ships with 50 cal automatics on board, and air to ground rockets, or armoured vehicles or A1M1 tanks, with predator drones flying over head.   Only if sections of the National Guard stood with the Constitutionalists against the Marxist would the 3%'rs stand a chance.   Otherwise, it is sabotage, suicide bombers or even chemical or germ warfare.   

A big problem will be communication to co-ordinate actions.  The rogue government would shut down the Internet and cell phone transmission towers.   That would leave short range hand-held transceivers and amateur radio.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:34:36 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 05:23:43 PM »
Megan Kelly is supposed to be doing a report on the Connecticut situation on Fox tonight at 8pm.  Might be interesting to watch.

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »
I read a large portion of this, but at about the 25k mark I just had to go elsewhere mentally.  I understand his point clearly, but I'd rather read a good book than another very long winded rant. 

Part 2 of this though is that he is now being warned by friends in Conn that some folks want his head up there.  His note made it very clear to the rank and file that their lives are on the line in this argument, and they aint happy.  The order givers are looking to string him up for bringing that to the rank and file's attention.

Ron
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX