< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NFOA Billboard's message brings attention to Nebraska law ~KETV~  (Read 1565 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
NFOA Billboard's message brings attention to Nebraska law ~KETV~
« on: February 27, 2014, 10:25:53 PM »
http://www.ketv.com/news/billboards-message-brings-attention-to-nebraska-law/24726072

Controversial signs around town are driving the gun law debate in the Nebraska Legislature.

A bill before lawmakers would allow teachers and school staff to carry guns if properly trained and the school districts approves it. A similar bill failed three years ago, but supporters hope this time is different.

The Nebraska Firearms Owners Association said its billboards around the Omaha metro, which are part of a national campaign, prove a point: It's the intention of the shooter, good or bad, that causes the public to look at guns a certain way. The group believes when it comes to kids, a school without guns becomes an easy target.

A sign near 50th and Dodge streets reads, "Guns Save Lives."

"It was something that we wanted to bring to Nebraska, but we wanted to put our own twist on it," said Rod Moeller, Nebraska Firearms Owners Association president. They added their website to the sign and changed the artwork to make it their own.

Read more at link. Great job!!

Video: http://www.ketv.com/news/Local-billboards-part-of-national-gun-law-campaign/24727178
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:06:00 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NFOA Billboard's message brings attention to Nebraska law
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 10:53:01 PM »
Nice mention!

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NFOA Billboard's message brings attention to Nebraska law
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:38:14 AM »
I had to comment on their page....just waiting for account approval....

Reading peoples ignorant comments just pisses me off!

The anonymity of the internet makes people believe that they don't have to have any idea what they are talking about & they will never be 'called out' for their ignorance. 

Thanks for posting Rick & great quotes Rod!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: NFOA Billboard's message brings attention to Nebraska law ~KETV~
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 08:17:11 AM »
Well done!

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:36:19 AM »
Rod's got a face for television!
Good Job.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
Rod's got a face for television!
Good Job.

Greg58
I think its the beard :)
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 10:33:05 AM »
I think its the beard
Is that what that was ?

He'll never end up getting his own TV show on A&E with that  :D
"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2014, 01:53:09 PM »
Some country that has it figured out, does not just arm teachers, they arm students.

The best way to combat evil intent, is with greater force.  Bringing a handgun to a handgun fight would not be as effective as bringing a well trained marksman with a rifle to a handgun fight. 

Is it possible, having access to locked down rifles in schools, by well trained marksman / school personnel, would be a better idea, than having a gym teacher, packing a gun in his gym shorts?

On a ship in the military, all arms are locked away, and distributed at an appropriate time, as the use of force is called for.

IMHO, control over the school, should be in the hands of the personel in the school, but what steps we take to achieve that end, is something we need to put lots of thought into.

I would like to read a paper on the security of Swiss schools. 

edit: those are likely not semi auto rifles on the girls backs.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 01:58:16 PM by Gary »

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2014, 02:35:42 PM »
Some country that has it figured out, does not just arm teachers, they arm students.

The best way to combat evil intent, is with greater force.  Bringing a handgun to a handgun fight would not be as effective as bringing a well trained marksman with a rifle to a handgun fight. 

Is it possible, having access to locked down rifles in schools, by well trained marksman / school personnel, would be a better idea, than having a gym teacher, packing a gun in his gym shorts?

On a ship in the military, all arms are locked away, and distributed at an appropriate time, as the use of force is called for.

IMHO, control over the school, should be in the hands of the personel in the school, but what steps we take to achieve that end, is something we need to put lots of thought into.

I would like to read a paper on the security of Swiss schools. 

I disagree with a good amount of this post Gary.  Do you really think a gym teacher is going to be running around in gym shorts with a gun swinging around in the pocket.  Think about that, that is just a really misinformed statement and the type of comments we are battling against fighting for this. 

Edit:  I apologize I didn't mean to derail this thread.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 02:42:16 PM by sparky »
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline patrickdm

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2014, 03:02:48 PM »
I would love to see this pass.

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »
Rod was very well spoken on the news.  Can't say the same for the veterans against guns guy was it?

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2014, 08:22:55 PM »
Bringing a handgun to a handgun fight would not be as effective as bringing a well trained marksman with a rifle to a handgun fight.
In 1994, at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane, Washington, an air police officer used his 9 mm Beretta service pistol to put down a mass murderer, armed with an AK rifle, at a distance of 70 yards. Bringing a rifle to a handgun fight doesn't do you any good if you can't shoot as well as the guy with a handgun.

On a ship, it is assumed that you will have sufficient advance warning to issue weapons. You don't have that kind of warning about school shooters. To do any good, a response is needed within seconds rather than minutes. Also, a ship at sea is a tightly controlled environment. You have no idea what students bring in with them until it's too late.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 08:32:07 PM »
I did this when I saw the email about offering to subsidize teacher training:

I think those teachers that wish to be armed should be armed.

Like I'm sure many of the older folks here know:

When coach stepped into a situation, everything calmed down.  Because coach was big, and you were not.

Not so much the case these days - you can't even look at lil Johnnie crossways without administrative punishment or a law suit :(.

Well - having armed and trained teachers to protect our kids during a bad situation sounds like a downright awesome idea.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2014, 08:55:22 PM »
Thanks Unfy.  As no one gave any response on the question on the  bill's thread, we were hoping this option would be received well by the members. 
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2014, 08:58:24 PM »
With the moving and stuff, i've not really had a chance to keep up on the proposed bills stuff to give my opinions on them.  Do apologize about that.  Hope to get situated in next week or so though.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D