< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Same DC Prosecutor that let NBC Gregory skate on AR magazine issue.  (Read 819 times)

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
now charging a man for having a mis-fired shotgun shell as a memory of a hunt years ago in his possession.  Everyone is equal, only some are more equal.......

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/23/trial-mark-witaschek-washington-dc-one-shotgun-she/

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Same DC Prosecutor that let NBC Gregory skate on AR magazine issue.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
That entire incident is seriously messed up.
Warrants specifying not-illegal items. Adding charges a year later for something found in a previous search when a warrant had not been issued.

30 armed and tactical clothed officers to issue a warrant to a seemingly respectable and no previous record individual. With kids in the house.

The report indicated the suspect was a successful financial advisor....money's in the water and the lawyers are circling.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 08:47:52 PM »
Here's what bothers me... upon what was the search of this man's home deemed necessary?  As I understand it warrants for searches are granted after a judge is presented evidence/cause in response to a complaint filed by a citizen or govt.   Who filed the complaint?

I don't know, but I would not be surprised to find that this man spent a bit of his money in a donation to the wrong sort of political group.  Wrong from the stand point of the current admin.
My gut feeling says to follow the money trail.

Offline UPCrawfish

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:23:41 PM »
Who filed the complaint?

There is an "ex wife" involved.  Made claims of illegal weapons in an apartment in D.C. as well as threatening gestures and words...   

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 08:59:31 AM »
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.