< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: SAF CONGRATULATES FIRST 5,000 ILLINOIS CCW PERMIT RECIPIENTS  (Read 469 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
SAF CONGRATULATES FIRST 5,000 ILLINOIS CCW PERMIT RECIPIENTS
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:15:16 PM »
BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation today offered congratulations to the first 5,000 recipients of Illinois concealed carry licenses, which were mailed out by the State Police.

It was a SAF case – Moore v. Madigan – that forced the Illinois Legislature to adopt a concealed carry law last year over the objections of anti-gun Gov. Pat Quinn and others including Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel.

“While politicians had to be dragged kicking and screaming into compliance with the Second Amendment,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan Gottlieb, “the good citizens are rushing to enjoy their newly-restored firearms freedom. State officials said today they have received more than 50,000 permit applications. Last month, Fox News reported that concealed carry applications had outpaced the number of applications for Obamacare.

“We’re proud that our case brought about this opportunity for Illinois citizens to join millions of other Americans in the exercise of their fundamental right to keep and especially bear arms,” he continued. “If the Illinois experience has taught us anything, it is that the die-hard anti-gun politicians who opposed this new law are horribly out of touch with their constituents.”

Gottlieb said SAF will be monitoring the progress of this new law, with an eye on the number of permit applications being opposed by law enforcement that wind up being reviewed.

“At the rate of applications so far,” Gottlieb predicted, “we’re expecting to see up to 300,000 to 400,000 citizens apply for permits this year, which would be on par with the estimate offered a few weeks ago by the State Police. By the time that happens, we anticipate the law-abiding armed citizens of Illinois will prove that they are responsible and reliable with this most precious of civil rights.”
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: SAF CONGRATULATES FIRST 5,000 ILLINOIS CCW PERMIT RECIPIENTS
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »
Awesome to see a little liberty shined on one of the most oppressive states!

I have only been thinking about my Second Amendment Rights Seriously for a little over a year now....from what I can tell, the Second Amendment Foundation is the organization that gets results!

I plan on donating to a few of the national organizations this year & to tell the truth the NRA is last on my list..I realize that they are the largest & the oldest, I just wish I saw less compromise & more action like all of the successful lawsuits that SAF has filed on behalf of gun owners everywhere!
I think I would start with SAF, I think for $150 you get a lifetime membership...
 I Also really respect what Larry Pratt is doing with Gun Owners Of America...

Beyond that, I definitely feel that my money is best served staying in the cornhusker state!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: SAF CONGRATULATES FIRST 5,000 ILLINOIS CCW PERMIT RECIPIENTS
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 09:02:37 PM »
I am pretty much of the same mind...Nationally SAF gets my money to keep the lawsuits going, with a bone thrown to GOA, but I give much more to NFOA and NFOA-PAF and related local things like the VFW Honor Guard gun cases, and Boy Scouts of America
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.