< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Hamburg Bend  (Read 1061 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Hamburg Bend
« on: February 20, 2014, 06:45:04 PM »
Anybody have any google maps pictures that shows where most people set up and what direction to shoot? Never been there before and that is the closest place to Omaha I can find to sight in my AR since I'm not an ENGC member. Any help would be appreciated since I will be heading out there tomorrow afternoon and have my first ever coyote hunt on Saturday. And when I'm there I will do my best to pick up other peoples trash since it sounds like people like to litter out there  :(

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Hamburg Bend
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 07:07:44 PM »
Hey Bradkoll,
 When are you looking to sight this thing in? ( Never mind- I guess I am new to this reading before responding thing. Friday afternoons are tight for me- have to go get the kiddos)) I am a member of the Lincoln Ikes and would be more than willing to take you as my guest for a day.  I have some days to myself. (This month the 26 and 28th are out due to Gun Bill hearings. ) But any other time ....
Of course the only other thing I ask is that ya let me pull the trigger a couple times. I mean it's only fair, right?  :P
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:14:42 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline KY57

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 07:23:43 PM »
There was a good diagram on another website, but I can't find it.  I have seen all sorts of stuff out there.  One way is set up like in the pic (not mine).  Parallel to the levy that is in front of you when you drive in.   Probably not a bad idea to angle your line of fire into the levy.  There is nothing beyond for a long ways, although there is a road similar to the one you drove in on in the distance that you should keep an eye on.  You can see it on the google maps.  Just follow the levy from the parking lot south. 

Others will go over the levy and then shoot into it.   If you do that, be sure to offset the road in so no one pops up right above you.  I don't like that way that much since you don't know if someone is going to come up to the top of the levy and you can't see the parking lot or anything.
I'm sure there are some other techniques out there.  Please help clean up out there when you go.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:27:13 PM by KY57 »

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 04:26:16 PM »
Someone on AR15.com had issues with the game and parks guy recently, something that needs to be looked at?  He was apparently mad he was using the berm as a backstop?

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:32:07 PM »
Probably has something to do with that hilljack who has the mobile home near the south side of the WMA that's running a "guide service".  Guy is nothing but trouble.  Supposedly has been hassled by the Warden in the past but made a comment to a neighbor last fall that he's going to complain to Game and Parks about people using the place for target practice.  I suppose target shooting is scaring animals away for him to hunt but that's just a guess.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 05:42:28 PM »
Someone on AR15.com had issues with the game and parks guy recently, something that needs to be looked at?  He was apparently mad he was using the berm as a backstop?

The berm is actually a levy, and using it as a backstop with enough shooting weakens it, so it is best not to do so if you want to avoid flooding.

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:58:21 AM »
Fair enough, good answer AAllen.  What do you propose we do for a backstop?