< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: sparklefart blocks the import of soviet made ammo  (Read 1110 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
sparklefart blocks the import of soviet made ammo
« on: March 18, 2014, 12:11:11 PM »
   the first saction against Russia that sparklefart made was to block the import of all ammo and weapons, this will only drive up the prices of ammo for all of us.

http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=11569
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline bigdog

• NFOA Full Member
Re: sparklefart blocks the import of soviet made ammo
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 11:19:25 AM »
So, is this true or not. I have seen reports disputing this ban.

I just checked the calendar. It isn't April 1st.
bigdog

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 11:33:06 AM »
sorry. wrong post
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:38:13 AM »
Checking the posted Presidential Executive Order 13660, which "hereby expand the scope of the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13660 of March 6, 2014"  That E.O. is here.   
I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, hereby expand the scope of the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13660 of March 6, 2014,

How many of the members of this forum were aware that we, the USA, are now in a state of "national emergency"?   Are you aware of what other immediate powers that gives President Obama, should he chose to initiate them?  Try this one.

It goes on to say:
the following persons are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in:

(i) the persons listed in the Annex to this order; and
here is the interesting part:
(B) to operate in the arms or related materiel sector in the Russian Federation;
and, the catch-all:
(D) to have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services to or in support of:

(1) a senior official of the Government of the Russian Federation; or

(2) a person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this order.

and to Americans or other people already in this country:
Sec. 3. I hereby determine that the making of donations of the type of articles specified in section 203(b)(2) of IEEPA (50 U.S.C. 1702(b)(2)) by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to section 1 of this order would seriously impair my ability to deal with the national emergency declared in Executive Order 13660, and I hereby prohibit such donations as provided by section 1 of this order.

What does the word "donation" mean?  What will the DOJ believe it to mean.    Since the officials in the Russian government have their hands in most of the"pies" made in that country even a faint hint of connection to imported Russian ammo would mean banning such imports.  What do you think Holder will do?  Do you have any doubts, considering his "Fast and Furious" false-flag?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 11:40:38 AM by GreyGeek »

Offline justsomeguy

• Defender of the Constitution
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 12:06:42 PM »
If you're going to quote the order you might want to include this part.

(b) The prohibitions in subsection (a) of this section apply except to the extent provided by statutes, or in
 regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued  pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the effective date of this order.

(emphasis mine)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are." - Marcus Aurelius

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
I read that, but I've also noticed that our President has a habit of not enforcing parts of the Law that he doesn't agree with, and creating enforcements of things not covered by the law.   

I didn't mention it but Obama used Executive Order 13660 of March 6, 2014 to declare a national emergency:
I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, find that the actions and policies of persons including persons who have asserted governmental authority in the Crimean region without the authorization of the Government of Ukraine that undermine democratic processes and institutions in Ukraine; threaten its peace, security, stability, sovereignty, and territorial integrity; and contribute to the misappropriation of its assets, constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat.
Considering his M.O. about laws and orders one has to wonder if that means he intends to use this "national emergency" to justify powers he's given to himself in E.O. 13603
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 07:14:41 PM by GreyGeek »