General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

EMT Course?

<< < (2/3) > >>

SeanN:
I appreciate the info and honesty. It's something I've always wanted to do. I don't know if I'd make it a profession, I'm not quite as brave as some of you. But I definitely want to know how to help.

JimP:
"It took about 6 months to do it and the continuing ed seems to take alot of time."

Yep.  I went most every Saturday between October and March for 8 hours of classroom instruction.  Several exams by the instructor, and lots of practical evals by current EMTs.......  THEN took a National Registry Exam and THEN applied for a State of Nebraska  Liscense........ a huge investment in terms of time and money.

I did this through my local Volunteer Fire Dept. - all members are required to be EMT-B as a minimum.  I had to write a check for the class and one for the National Registry Exam....... and I get reimbursed IF I passed the class and make enough calls to remain on the Dept. ....... and sometime in the next 14 months, I have to take Firefighting I class, which I understand has just gotten longer/more expensive...................

All that said, I would do it again in a second.  Good Stuff to know.

rugermanx:
I have been working on Firefighter I for awhile now. Seems there aren't many classes I can actually get to.

JimP:

--- Quote from: Krylancelo on September 05, 2009, 11:28:29 PM ---I appreciate the info and honesty. It's something I've always wanted to do. I don't know if I'd make it a profession, I'm not quite as brave as some of you. But I definitely want to know how to help.

--- End quote ---

Bravery's got nothing to do with it.  Training.  At crunch time, you will not "rise to the occasion"...... you will sink to the level of your training.

Knowing what to do will save a life long enough that a doctor can deal with it if he has to.

rugermanx:
There are times when I think stupidity plays more of a role than bravery honestly.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version