< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Classifier Recap 3/22/14  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
IDPA Classifier Recap 3/22/14
« on: March 22, 2014, 05:52:35 PM »
1) I shot in the CDP division (Cold Damn Popsicle)
2) Thanks to squad mates who helped me back up after I fell.  (It was my only defense.)
3) I couldn't put my arms down when it came time to shoot.
4) Had a great time.
5) Many thanks to the SO's for their efforts.
6) I need to start practicing shooting around barricades. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: IDPA Classifier Recap 3/22/14
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 06:17:27 PM »
Shots Were Fired,

Noise Was Made....

Buns Were Froze...

Guns Were Jammed

Scores Were Recorded.....

Lessons Were Learned, and

Fun Was Had.

Many, Many Thanks to Ron, Cody, Tom, Cruze, Cliff, and to Any Other of the IDPA Leadership Crew Who Worked Their Tails Off to Run this Most  Excellent Caper.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 07:29:23 PM »
Shots Were Fired,

Noise Was Made....

Buns Were Froze...

Guns Were Jammed

Scores Were Recorded.....

Lessons Were Learned, and

Fun Was Had.

Many, Many Thanks to Ron, Cody, Tom, Cruze, Cliff, and to Any Other of the IDPA Leadership Crew Who Worked Their Tails Off to Run this Most  Excellent Caper.

sfg

Well said!
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2014, 08:19:29 PM »
Big thanks to the ROs for their hard work on a cold day.

Offline bkent

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 11:12:42 AM »
I'll add my thanks to all those who put this shoot together and a big thanks to the SOs.  :)
Kent

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 12:54:57 AM »
In behalf of IDPA Nebraska and as its Match Director, many thanks to all 36 shooters...despite the 24 degrees temp  :o ...it was a great team effort.  :D

And many thanks to the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club's Board of Directors, especially Julie Howard and Ken Young, for helping to facilitate this maiden voyage of an outdoor IDPA Classifier Match!! Kudos to Thomas Howard for all of his assisting beforehand and his point position for ENGC on match day re use of their necessary props and target stands, etc.

We even had a bit of a Chris Zeeb Glock Armorer emergency repair of a shooters gun to get it back in action!  ;)

We hope to re-visit with ENGC for another Classifier and maybe even an outdoor multi-stage match!! What a great range!

A new thread is started regarding the results of the match!

-- Aldo
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 08:01:04 AM »
In behalf of IDPA Nebraska and as its Match Director, many thanks to all 36 shooters...despite the 24 degrees temp  :o ...it was a great team effort.  :D

And many thanks to the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club's Board of Directors, especially Julie Howard and Ken Young, for helping to facilitate this maiden voyage of an outdoor IDPA Classifier Match!! Kudos to Thomas Howard for all of his assisting beforehand and his point position for ENGC on match day re use of their necessary props and target stands, etc.

We even had a bit of a Chris Zeeb Glock Armorer emergency repair of a shooters gun to get it back in action!  ;)

We hope to re-visit with ENGC for another Classifier and maybe even an outdoor multi-stage match!! What a great range!

-- Aldo

Ditto!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:25:41 AM »

-- Aldo

Ok, if I let this pass by I know I'll have a stroke by noon. 

Who ya gonna call?  Glockbusters! 

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »

Who ya gonna call?  Glockbusters! 

Me?.....I'm gonna call Chris Zeeb!!!!!!  ;D
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »
This was my first IDPA event.  Loved it!  It's always good to meet forum members and put faces with a few more names.

Now all of you IDPA shooters need to show up and shoot some USPSA events (like our May classifier)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 08:48:21 PM »
This was my first IDPA event.  Loved it!  It's always good to meet forum members and put faces with a few more names.

Dang it, I still didn't get names to match faces to match forum handles.  Okay, next time you have to wear a name tag!

Now all of you IDPA shooters need to show up and shoot some USPSA events (like our May classifier)

Yep!  16 out of the 35 guns were shot by regular USPSA shooters (at a rough count) so at least half of the normal IDPA crowd needs to come up for the USPSA classifier match in May to make things even.  :)

I'll even post which classifier stages there will be, once we get them finalized, so you'll know what you are getting yourself into, just like when we shot the IDPA classifier!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 09:43:24 PM »
I'll even post which classifier stages there will be, once we get them finalized, so you'll know what you are getting yourself into, just like when we shot the IDPA classifier!

Please provide the date!  :)

For me and probably a bunch of others, knowing the classifier's Course of Fire would be great! Thanks!!  8)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 11:25:03 PM by Aldo »
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
Yep!  16 out of the 35 guns were shot by regular USPSA shooters (at a rough count) so at least half of the normal IDPA crowd needs to come up for the USPSA classifier match in May to make things even.

That USPSA stuff will get you killed! [flamesuit]ON[/flamesuit].

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 05:20:02 AM »

Fly

Only with an unexpected discharge of your weapon ;)

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 06:10:09 AM »

For me and probably a bunch of others, knowing the classifier's Course of Fire would be great! Thanks!!  8)

The all classifier is Sunday, May 4th.

Match dates and other information ca be found at http://www.easternnebraskapracticalshooters.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 09:25:03 AM »

I don't know that having prior knowledge of a USPSA Classifier would be any advantage.  A solid foundation in the fundamentals, like shooting on the move, reloads, multiple target acquisition, shooting from behind barricades, SHO/WHO skills, standing on your head while shooting, solid footwork and knowing how to properly fluff your tutu should get you good results in USPSA. 

That's what an old anonymous pot stirrer told me anyway.  :) 

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2014, 10:22:28 AM »

Fly

It's true. Proof:

USPSA will make you take a bunch of hits to your vest and then when you draw and counter-attack, you'll shoot the IPSC metric target next to the bad guy instead of the bad guy.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2014, 10:33:21 PM »
USPSA will make you take a bunch of hits to your vest and then when you draw and counter-attack, you'll shoot the IPSC metric target next to the bad guy instead of the bad guy.

That's insane!  I wouldn't even let jthhapkido take shots at my chest plate, and I DAMN WELL know he wouldn't let me "attempt" to return some right past his head.  ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum