< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Free Knife Sharpening  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Free Knife Sharpening
« on: March 26, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
In the recent year or so, I have developed an interest in knife sharpening.  One of those hobbies that has turned into a business.

For NFOA members, I will do free knife sharpening, just to get acquainted .

Bring by your pocket knife, and chat while you watch, or bring by the kitchen knives, and I will sharpen them over knight.

I do non-destructive sharpening and polishing, so very fine amounts of steel are removed to sharpen.  I also do no heat sharpening, so the temper stays intact.

This is a Craig's List ad I am also running to attract business to my Concealed Carry classes through free knife sharpening.

http://lincoln.craigslist.org/sgd/4363733774.html

Figured most people with an interest in Concealed Carry education, might also have a dull pocket knife in a pants pocket. 

I also build knife sharpeners, for people wanting to do it yourself, and obtain mirror precise edges.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:45:30 PM by Gary »

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Free Knife Sharpening
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 04:40:41 PM »
I bought a work sharp onion edition based on your reviews, should have savedy money and let you do the dirty work!

I actually like having new toys so this was a fun addition.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Free Knife Sharpening
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 03:06:39 AM »
That will be one of the tools I will use, depending on the knife.   It is a fast, good sharpener.

I dropped mine, it hit the concrete floor, and the shell busted.  I called the company to try and purchase a new shell, and they sent me a whole new unit.  Great folks to do business with. 

This is a sharpener I am building, made from components of three commercially available sharpeners.

The base is granite, and weighs 50 pounds.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 03:12:07 AM by Gary »