< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Good Civil rights lawyer?  (Read 827 times)

Offline Benjamin.henryii

• NFOA Full Member
Good Civil rights lawyer?
« on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:37 AM »
I don't want to go into detail at this time, however recently an individual impersonated a police state trooper in attempt to detain me as he thought that my OC was against the law. He was a security guard a local store with no signs posted. His management told him he was wrong the next day and apologized to me. The NE State Patrol took my complaint, and I received a call back from an LT in the SP. He informed me that I would have to go though the OPD to file a complaint, however he was very concerned over the gentlemen's actions and asked me to get ahold of a specific prosecutor in Omaha and see if he will pursue charges for the individual. He also recommended I find a civil rights lawyer, is there anyone on this forum that can recommend a lawyer who handles civil rights issues in the Omaha area?

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Good Civil rights lawyer?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 07:43:35 AM »
I know you don't want to go into details but is this the same incident that your other posts are about?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:54:19 AM »
in attempt to detain me

How exactly were your "civil rights" violated?  You mentioned an "attempt".  Just curious if you are willing to share.  Outside of that I agree with NSP, I would file a complaint with OPD

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 10:54:37 AM »
Give me a call, there are things that should not be fully disclosed in a public forum such as this.  I have some contacts and may be able to help you out.

Offline Benjamin.henryii

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 09:36:22 PM »
Tstuart34 this was not at Walmart, I have been there twice a week since the confusion there. bullit I will share more once I know what direction it is going to go. I left a message with the non emergency OPD number today. AAllen can you PM me your contact information?