< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Able to carry in any Omaha malls?  (Read 5308 times)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Able to carry in any Omaha malls?
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 07:23:53 AM »
wallace11bravo.....we all need to drink the Kool Aid and realize passing bills to ban toy lighters and protect cougars is a greater priority here in Nebraska.  Furthermore, letting criminals (violent at that) go free for "good time" and focusing on their feelings is of greater need than pesky common signage.  Besides, "Poor" Amanda (I had to work 3 jobs while serving in the Unicameral) McGill felt they would be "ugly".....

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 08:16:45 AM »
My brother used to be a Security guard at WestRoads. They took down their no handgun signs after the shooting.

I went there to pay my respects after the shooting and noticed that the signs had quietly been removed.  Maybe to avoid the embarrassment of being an accessory to such a heinous crime.  I don't remember the liberal press mentioning anything about the mall having been sanitized before the shooting by anti-gun bigots, but if we had real news media instead of a big lie machine, the sanitization would have been a prominent part of the reporting. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 08:34:15 AM »
wallace11bravo.....we all need to drink the Kool Aid and realize passing bills to ban toy lighters and protect cougars is a greater priority here in Nebraska.  Furthermore, letting criminals (violent at that) go free for "good time" and focusing on their feelings is of greater need than pesky common signage.  Besides, "Poor" Amanda (I had to work 3 jobs while serving in the Unicameral) McGill felt they would be "ugly".....

I never did understand her.  She complained about the pay but kept running for re-election. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 08:42:25 AM »
I never did understand her.  She complained about the pay but kept running for re-election. 

Perhaps she had no skills.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »
Conspicuous means I shouldn't have to go searching for it. So I don't. When you call, ask, check every entrance, or go digging into policy manuals, you are searching, meaning if you are "mucking" yourself, as it is obviously not conspicuous.

It also means you shouldn't call ahead, or ask them what their policy is. Part of carrying concealed is "out of sight, out of mind."  When you put the idea in their head, you are often the inspiration for them creating a policy. Conspicuous means conspicuous, and concealed means concealed. Stop searching for signs and obscure policy, and stop announcing to every business owner or manager that your carrying. I have no idea what motivates either action.

If you want to see uniform signage passed, contact the BoD of the NFOA and the NFOA-PAF, and ask what you can do to help 1.) get the right people in the right places, 2.) motivate those people to present and push NFOA backed bills, and 2.) get those other people to support NFOA backed bills.

Uniform signage should be easy compared the all the pipe dream bills, and with any luck, could make a whole slew of non-carry places now open to business for 2A supporters like you.

Exactly!  I really can not imagine a good outcome for the gun community when Joe Bob gun owner calls up some retail joint to talk to a manager who had probably never encountered a gun, let alone considered the thought that a gun owner could be responsible with that murderous evil inanimate object strapped to his hip and says, "Hey I carry concealed and am planning on stopping by. You cool if I come packing heat?"

Just let them carry on in their ignorant bliss. If they haven't thought about it then there is no reason to bring it up. Then, "Carry On". If you have to search for it, it's not conspicuous.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.