General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Water softner install?

(1/4) > >>

thirtydaZe:
Wife wants to get one installed, personally i can do without, but as it goes.....

Anyhow, in omaha, anyone have any recomendations for service?

shooter:
to install it? I did mine myself, but then I plumbed the whole house when I built it

its actually pretty easy, plastic pipe is easiest, copper just need solder, a older house with steel pipe. you just need a pipe threader,

H2O_King89:
I am a plumber out of Lincoln, there are all kinds of ways to install them.

Best place to put them is right after the meter or sprinkler system. If copper or PEX, home depot has some cool install kits you can use. There braided style lines with Shark Bite on one side and female threaded on the other. 

Water softener come with 1" male threaded adapters. Also make sure the water line coming from the meter is going to the in part of the by - pass and the out is going to the house. And plug into a 110.

IMHO I like sears softners

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mudinyeri:
If you need some help, give us (Handyman Joes) a call.  (Number is in my signature.)

kozball:
I did mine. Copper pipe with solder joints. Actually, I am on my second unit.

My biggest concern was the amount of salt in the water, so I ran a separate cold water line from before the softener to the cold side of the kitchen faucet and the fridge for water and ice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version