General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Water softner install?

<< < (3/4) > >>

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: H2O_King89 on April 21, 2014, 01:28:25 PM ---You can do a bypass for the kitchen faucet. It's about 50/50 who do and don't. For me I wouldn't. I don't like hard water damage to my faucet. 

Reason people do it, is because they don't the taste of soft water which is a flat taste and not a ranch taste. Now if it's salty then there is something wrong with the softener.

If your basement is unfinished and have an extra hole on your sink. You can run a 3/8 bypass to your sink for a drinking spout.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Thanks H2O

Gary:
What effect are you looking to achieve?  Rust stains, sulfur smell?  Less detergent for laundry?

Depending on your water, and the results you want, will tell you what systems might be a good fit.

I purchased our home in 1986.  In the 90's, our water softener (used salt) gave out.

I researched everything I could (harder job before the Internet got rolling like it is today).

I built myself, a magnetic system, to treat the water.  We no longer have any rust stains, and it even keeps the sulfur smell down most of the time.  Some years, we smell it once, some years, we never smell it. 

Most magnetic systems do not work, because you need to study what you are trying to achieve, and how your plumbing system is set up.  Magnetic systems, are not one size fits all.    If you figure out how to make one, and install it yourself, the systems costs nothing to operate, and lasts a lifetime.

The build cost of mine was under $100

If you do it wrong, it will not work, and you are wasting your time.

I am sure there are now sources all over you tube, showing how to build one. 

I know for a fact, they work, if properly installed.

Gary:
This is not the systems I used, I made my own years before these systems were available. 

Watch these videos, and research some on your own, and make the system you need.  The magnets are available at The Surplus Center, in Lincoln NE, or on line.

DenmanShooter:
Stryker Rental is who we rent from.  1514 Saddle Creek -- 402-453-5730  Goes by Futuramic Clean Water

FarmerRick:
I had a Futuramic at our last house. It went through at least 5 bags of salt per month and was very noisy during it's cycle.

I've had a WaterBoss from Menards in this house for about 3 years now. 5 people in the house and I only go through about 2-3 bags of salt per month with pretty darn hard water to deal with. No complaints. Installation is pretty simple.

It is often on sale for $399. http://www.menards.com/main/plumbing/water-filtration-softeners/water-softeners/waterboss-22-000-grain-water-softener/p-1459985-c-8682.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version