General Categories > Non Gun Stuff

Water softner install?

<< < (2/4) > >>

DenmanShooter:
Unless you want to know way more about water softeners than you need to, give Handyman Joe's the call. 

I own mine and installed it myself but it was a replacement for an old one that had given up the ghost.  It required quite a bit of replumbing on old copper pipe to get it set up to use the newer connectors.  But that was Ok since I learned how to solder pipe many many years ago. Also had to learn to program it for proper calibration etc.  But it works great.

Our Omaha house has a rented one and I can't remember the place who services it right off the top of my head but it's a nice little digital model.

I'll look it up when I get home if I remember it and post it later.

thirtydaZe:

--- Quote from: Mudinyeri on April 21, 2014, 07:37:14 AM ---If you need some help, give us (Handyman Joes) a call.  (Number is in my signature.)

--- End quote ---

It's no problem if i go buy one, and just leave the install up to you?

OnTheFly:

--- Quote from: H2O_King89 on April 21, 2014, 12:19:57 AM ---I am a plumber out of Lincoln, there are all kinds of ways to install them.

Best place to put them is right after the meter or sprinkler system. If copper or PEX, home depot has some cool install kits you can use. There braided style lines with Shark Bite on one side and female threaded on the other. 

Water softener come with 1" male threaded adapters. Also make sure the water line coming from the meter is going to the in part of the by - pass and the out is going to the house. And plug into a 110.

IMHO I like sears softners

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Have been thinking about this myself.  My mom's is hooked up the same as kozball's (hard cold water to kitchen).  Is that how most installations are set up?

Fly

Mudinyeri:

--- Quote from: thirtydaZe on April 21, 2014, 10:42:10 AM ---
It's no problem if i go buy one, and just leave the install up to you?

--- End quote ---

No problem at all.  Just make sure it fits in the space and is adequate for the amount of water used.

H2O_King89:

--- Quote from: OnTheFly on April 21, 2014, 11:59:40 AM ---Have been thinking about this myself.  My mom's is hooked up the same as kozball's (hard cold water to kitchen).  Is that how most installations are set up?

Fly

--- End quote ---

You can do a bypass for the kitchen faucet. It's about 50/50 who do and don't. For me I wouldn't. I don't like hard water damage to my faucet. 

Reason people do it, is because they don't the taste of soft water which is a flat taste and not a ranch taste. Now if it's salty then there is something wrong with the softener.

If your basement is unfinished and have an extra hole on your sink. You can run a 3/8 bypass to your sink for a drinking spout.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version