< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Recent Tactical Wall Installation  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Recent Tactical Wall Installation
« on: April 23, 2014, 03:57:53 PM »
Thought some of you might be interested in seeing a recent Tactical Wall installation that we (Handyman Joes) did.  This installation was part of a larger remodel.  The area where we installed the Tactical Wall was previously a doorway.

Framed and Drywalled the Door Opening

Installed the Wall Inserts after Tape, Mud and Paint (This is a 1450 Bundle - One Small Insert + One Large Insert)

Stained the Frame Dark Walnut

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Recent Tactical Wall Installation
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »
So what does that depth end up being? About the 4"? Hard to tell, but looks like the frame brings it out a bit?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 04:19:21 PM »
"Break Glass in Case of Emergency".   :laugh: 

j/k  I see the top & bottom hinge. 

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 04:48:12 PM »
So what does that depth end up being? About the 4"? Hard to tell, but looks like the frame brings it out a bit?

The depth is right at 4".  Yes the frame that's mounted to the wall adds about 1/2" of depth to the cavity.  It will clear an AR-15 with a light mounted on the side of the hand guard.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:24 PM »
I'm pretty sure that I saw you the other day in one of your rigs. Question, how much does something like this run? I have a new house with lots of spots that I've thought about having "in-the-wall-storage".

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »
I'm pretty sure that I saw you the other day in one of your rigs. Question, how much does something like this run? I have a new house with lots of spots that I've thought about having "in-the-wall-storage".

Here's a link to our web page with pricing info: http://handymanjoes.com/tactical-walls/  I have a standing 10% discount for all NFOA members as well as active duty military, law enforcement and fire fighters.  (No 'stacking' of discounts, e.g. 10% for NFOA membership + another 10% for active duty military.)

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions.

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »
Thanks. It is quite a ways down the priority list as we just moved in and of course have yet to personalize the place. I'll definitely keep you in mind, though.

"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 09:18:10 AM »
Here's a link to our web page with pricing info: http://handymanjoes.com/tactical-walls/  I have a standing 10% discount for all NFOA members as well as active duty military, law enforcement and fire fighters.  (No 'stacking' of discounts, e.g. 10% for NFOA membership + another 10% for active duty military.)

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have questions.

FYI - We're in the process of moving our website to a new server.  It will be down for a day or two.  In the mean time, feel free to contact me if you have any questions. 

We had about 20 women from The Well Armed Woman group here at Handyman Joes yesterday afternoon.  They LOVED the Tactical Wall.  (Mother's Day gift?)