< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gov. Heineman Names Bob Krist to Serve as District 10 State Senator  (Read 1264 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
http://www.governor.nebraska.gov/news/2009/2009_09/11_krist.html

Gov. Heineman Names Bob Krist to Serve as District 10 State Senator

Bob Krist

(Lincoln, Neb.) Gov. Dave Heineman today announced he is appointing Robert J. Krist of Omaha to serve as State Senator representing Legislative District 10. He will replace Sen. Mike Friend.

Krist, 52, is a contract manager and the chief pilot for the northwest division of the United States Army Corps of Engineers, and a retired Lieutenant Colonel from the United States Air Force, serving from 1979 to 2000.

?I am excited to appoint Bob Krist to the Legislature because he has the character and desire needed to be a strong leader in the Legislature on behalf of his constituents,? Gov. Heineman said. ?He appreciates the fiscal issues the State is facing and shares my commitment to continue controlling State spending and lowering taxes for all Nebraskans, particularly for middle class families and small businesses.?

Krist said, ?This is an honor and I thank the Governor for his vote of confidence. My priorities in life are family and education and I believe they set the stage well for my service to the Nebraska Legislature and my constituents.?

Krist is active in his community, serving on the Madonna School for the Special Needs Board in Omaha from 1992 to 2008 and has served as Chairman for the last 4 years. He is a 1975 graduate of Omaha Creighton Prep and a 1979 graduate of the University of St. Thomas in Minnesota.

During his 21 years in the Air Force, Krist held several key leadership positions and worked on critical missions including work with the Looking Glass mission at Offutt Air Force Base (AFB) in Bellevue. In 1987, Krist flew missions for Looking Glass which was the Airborne Command Post for Strategic Air Command.

Additionally, in 1996, Krist served as a Commander in both Desert Shield and Desert Storm in Saudi Arabia. In 1997, he was appointed to Chief of Plans and Programs for the 55th Wing at Offutt AFB. In 1998 he was chosen as an Active Duty Air Force Advisor to then Governor Nelson and the Adjutant General of Nebraska.

He will serve in the Legislature during the next year and be up for election to a four-year term in 2010. Legislative District 10 encompasses some of the northwest portion of Omaha.

Krist is married to Peggy and they have 2 children and a grandchild.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Well, given his background, he should be pro second amendment.  Let's hope so.
Does anyone know anything about Mr. Krist?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 08:48:29 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gov. Heineman Names Bob Krist to Serve as District 10 State Senator
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 09:58:08 PM »
What happened to Mike Friend? And more also was Friend an anti or sort of in the middle regarding guns?

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 10:24:01 PM »
Thanks FarmerRick. Well, I hope Krist will be just as good or better than Mike Friend. I sure don't like this whole Violence Prevention deal. Those kinds of programs just are breeding grounds for anti-gun legislation. Like others said, soon some liberal will be heading that department.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 10:31:17 PM »
ya, he sounds good, but we'll see how his performance is.

and don't forget about Friend.  he's still out there and thats scary.   ;)
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official